DTS LDs only gives me stereo

I have a Sony MDP 640D and recently purchased some DTS LDs.

The player is hooked up to the reciever via a spdif cable only and
the recievers light indicates that it's reciving a DTS track but
still I only get stereo sound.
I tried pulling the plug on the front left and right speakers and
all that is left is some muddled noise from the subwoofer.

DTS streams from DVDs and my computer work just fine.

Any ideas?

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
More about dts lds stereo

    The LD cover needs to have the Warning, this laserdisc requires a separate
    DTS decoder to truly be a DTS LD. The are LD's with DTS symbols on the back
    which mean DTS may have been used in theatres but it does not have DTS on
    the LD unless the warning labels are there. There could be DTS Stereo LD's.
    Could be the receiver is setup for 2-channel in it's menu's.

    Kurtis

    "Yowser" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Sony MDP 640D and recently purchased some DTS LDs.
    >
    > The player is hooked up to the reciever via a spdif cable only and
    > the recievers light indicates that it's reciving a DTS track but
    > still I only get stereo sound.
    > I tried pulling the plug on the front left and right speakers and
    > all that is left is some muddled noise from the subwoofer.
    >
    > DTS streams from DVDs and my computer work just fine.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    > Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
    > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    "Yowser" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Sony MDP 640D and recently purchased some DTS LDs.
    >
    > The player is hooked up to the reciever via a spdif cable only and
    > the recievers light indicates that it's reciving a DTS track but
    > still I only get stereo sound.
    > I tried pulling the plug on the front left and right speakers and
    > all that is left is some muddled noise from the subwoofer.
    >
    > DTS streams from DVDs and my computer work just fine.

    What's the disc?

    See this page and see if it answers it for you:

    http://www.mindspring.com/~laserguru/askjosh.htm#hardware

    A similar question is addressed in about the 8th entry down in the
    Harware section.

Laser Disc Players