specs
cpu: intel i5 4670k (stock fan)
gpu: sapphire r9 280
psu: corsair cx 600 watt 80 plus
ram: single 8gb crucial ballistix sport tx 1866mhz
mobo: msi z87-g41
tower: sentey gs-6070
od: lg

i like fps games... any other games welcomed as long as there great!

what i already have
arma 3
fifa 14
need for speed rivals
sniper elite 3
hitman absolution
watch dogs
red orchestra 2 rising storm
cod:ghosts
skyrim
assassins creed black flag
metal gear rising revengence
wolfenstein new order (great fps btw)
injustice gods among us
grid 2
dirt 3
battlefield 3
splinter cell blacklist
sleeping dogs
dead island riptide
just cause 2............

that's a lot.. i know, but i don't even play half of them, most of them are boring AF... what are your thoughts??.. what games do you guys play that don't bore the heck outta you?

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
i tried cs go a few months ago on my shitty laptop, couldnt bare the fps drops... i just might get it now and see if its good!

That the dmg the weapons do are all balanced, so there is no ' go to' weapon , not like in mw2 where it's always the acr, etc. and that you don't need a higher level to unlock all guns, the guns are all unlocked even at level 1, and the maps don't favour towards any side, there are advantages to both sides and disadvantages. Plus, you can collect skins for guns :D

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Well there are tons of first person shooters that you can still enjoy. If you are looking for a first person game that is focused on storytelling and improved stealth then you can try deus ex human revolution, it has an excellent storyline just like the whole bioshock series which was filled with mind blowing twists. If you are looking for a cooperative online experience then you can try games like borderlands 2 or payday 2 for instance. If you are looking for a good zombie fps shooter then you can go for the classic left 4 dead 2. Also you should try half life 2 and its episodes because this game is one of those few games that managed to get above the 96/100 score on metacritic and finally if you are looking for a rpg fps then you can go with something like fallout 3 or fallout new vegas. Far cry 3 is also a good game but it gets repetitive after you beat it.

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

i didnt like fallout at all, i had farcry 3, its repetitiveness made me delete it.. im just looking for a game thats built very well, like wolfenstein new order, with great physics, graphics etc.. it dosent have to be an fps though...

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Well all of the games that I have mentioned in my previous post are well crafted so don't worry but again if your are looking for good games apart from fps then I recommend a story focused role playing game like the witcher 2, Mass effect trilogy ( although it did have a terrible ending to the whole trilogy). If you are looking for a survial horror game then you can try amnesia the dark descent and amnesia a machine for pegs( they are fps by the way) or you can try dead space series. If you are bored of the previously mentioned genres then you can always try some free to play games like team fortress 2 or some mmorpgs like neverwinter or guild wars 2.You can even try some mobas like path of exile or diablo 3 or dota 2. At last, if you are a big fan of dc universe you can try playing the batman arkham series or dc universe online which is a free to play game by the way.If you are still not sure about all of the previously mentioned games then your best bet is to wait for the new upcoming games. GTA V is coming to pc this fall and trust me, you are going to love it. It has an entertaining camapign and an online filled with variety.

The game that I am totally hooked now is Dark Souls 1. Ive sinked 320+ hours into it (not that its that big), and I am replaying it for the 4th time.

Warframe is kinda cute at first but gets boring quite fast. Lucky its freeware so i sugest you try it.
Tribes Ascend is also one of those games I like a lot, unfortunatelly it requires some practice in order to play well (very elitist game, few ppl have the pacience to learn it).

And finally, my old favorite game of all times, Starcraft:Broodwar. Its a very old (14 years or so) RTS that till today I consider the hardest game I ever played online. Unfortunatelly for me, same as Tribes Ascend its very hard to play it unles you have a lot of hours to practice and improve.

And Amnesia :D.

From other type of games that I enjoyed or still enjoy and are more relaxed: Path of Exlie, Diablo 2:Lord of Destruction, Trackmania Nations Forever,Mass Effect 1 and 2, Bioshock series (all of them for me), Dark messiah of might and magic, warhamer mark of chaos (love this RTS for its looks).

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
i tried cs go and apart from its lacking in the graphics department, its pretty good.... also, i never played any of the portal games, it just looks too childish.. ill try it now though..... battlefield 3 was my all time favorite online game when i played on a console, now ive been hearing that bf4 online is VERY buggy, did they fix that yt??

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

i loved bioshock infinite, the first time i played part 1, it scared the shit outa me

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Well I can't tell myself because I personally don't own battlefield 4 but a lot of battlefield players has been already claiming that the game is more stable now than its release after the recent patches but some problems still haven't been eliminated yet. I know it might sound a little silly but why don't you wait for battlefield hardline and buy it if it had a stable release with few issues?

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

i will also be getting that but im looking for something i could be playing while wating on the new releases

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Ok but I have another question: what videogame genre do you like most? I have already mentioned a couple of games in my previous posts but stating your favourite genre would help specify my answer.

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

i love soccer more than anything else, but i already have fifa 14 which in my opinion is the best soccer game out there.,... im looking for something fun, no sports, like fps, racing, rpg, anything!!

The problem I have with human revolution is that it is actually hard to play differently than stealth (because it gives the highest amount of XP, it feels like it makes sense to always play this way).

I liked more Deus Ex 1 since it gave a lot better options in terms of replayability.
Its a great game no doubt, but If you make it once with a perfect ghost run, after that its not really any challenge.

I played both Portal games and loved both of them. Definitly one of the most interesting stories (even there actually isnt one) in the last years.
The game was so good, my EX who actually hated when I played, liked to watch me play Portal.

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

i totally agree, it gives you a limited number of everything

rudebwoy

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
i actually played rayman legends and like it, guess i was just tired of all the hardcore games... anyone played it or anything similar

There's also a ton of interesting Indie games that you might enjoy.

One i found pretty fun was called Megabyte Punch, it's like Smash Bros but you assemble a robot with from parts that give different special moves so you can build your own fighter.