905 Sidecar not loading Guide

For the last couple of days the guide does not update. Green light comes on
and "processing your request" message appears, but no guide gets loaded.

Anyone else having trouble with the guide?
Is the guide temporarily out of service?
I've unplugged to reset, but no guide. In fact that erased the channels
numbers from the table. It now a null.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

uH
15 answers Last reply
More about 905 sidecar loading guide
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I don't have a 905 sidecar,but my 920 is loading the guide normally off
    of G1.I did have one peculiarity though.My 4DTV clock had to be reset by
    my programmer TWICE in the previous 2 weeks.This did not have to be done
    in the previous 2 years.It was coming up 1 hour early in the Pacific
    time zone.
    In my experience,unless you are seeing the words,"Getting
    Information",the guide is NOT loading.The message "processing your
    request" usually means the skew is off or something like that
    (mis-tuned).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I was just able to do a MANUAL forced download through Wednesday evening
    on my 920.
    I was NOT able to download any listings through to next Friday
    however.My guide is loading,but not the full week,whatever that means.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    > I have a 922 and have noticed problems. Tonight the IPG would not load at
    > times and other times it would load only an hour or two beyond the present
    > time. The skew has not been changed. Unit is set to download the IPG every
    > day. Something is certainly wrong.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    RA-5C wrote:

    >> I have a 922 and have noticed problems. Tonight the IPG would not load at
    >> times and other times it would load only an hour or two beyond the present
    >> time. The skew has not been changed. Unit is set to download the IPG every
    >> day. Something is certainly wrong.

    Your description is exactly what is happening right now. After several
    retries I finally got it to load more then two hours. But then the program
    description was not there. Finally after a few more retries I got that to
    load. Now I am good til Sunday morning. Who knows how long it will take to
    get the next day of info.

    I am wondering if the extreme heat has an effect on the LNB causing more
    digital jitter? because most of this has gotten worse during the heat wave
    here in MPLS. Upper 90's to near 100. 98 at my house, 97 at the airport.
    Anyway the last 3 days have been testing my patience.

    uH
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    SAC 441 wrote:

    > In my experience,unless you are seeing the words,"Getting
    > Information",the guide is NOT loading.The message "processing your
    > request" usually means the skew is off or something like that
    > (mis-tuned).

    The skew is fine and beeen carefully verified as well as dish postion.
    The high heat does cause thermal drift of the dish position. It was
    peaked. Other signals work fine including DVB MPEG2 signals, and the 4DTV
    siganls come in fine. The signal quality has been going down as the temp
    goes up. It has gone from 80 to 60. That tells me the LNB hates the
    heat.

    Does the IPG get touchy with a 60 Qual level?

    If you have no problem, that tells me hardware issues at my end. I am
    thinking LNB ,receiver. I am not ruling out bad uplink.

    Since the picture and sound are good, I wouldn't care, except the IPG makes
    life alot simpler.

    Thanks for the feedback,

    uH
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Still having problems with the IPG this Sunday morning. Hopefully the
    responsible parties will jump on the problem first thing Monday morning. To many
    people having the problem for it to be the IPG or LNB.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Correction: To many people having the problem for it to be the 'receiver' or LNB. I
    am getting IPG on the brain.

    RA-5C wrote:

    > Still having problems with the IPG this Sunday morning. Hopefully the
    > responsible parties will jump on the problem first thing Monday morning. To many
    > people having the problem for it to be the IPG or LNB.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    As as checking G1-03,check the Starz 160-176 channels(esp. 167) as they also
    come off of that transponder.

    Since this humid weather,I have been able to get the IPG either.Of course,it
    doesn't help there are trees in the next yard!Looks like I'll have to suffer
    til the leaves fall of and the temp. drops!

    "Micro Henry" <uH@MyServer.Loc> wrote in message
    > SAC 441 wrote:
    >
    >> In my experience,unless you are seeing the words,"Getting
    >> Information",the guide is NOT loading.The message "processing your
    >> request" usually means the skew is off or something like that
    >> (mis-tuned).
    >>

    > The skew is fine and beeen carefully verified as well as dish postion.
    > The high heat does cause thermal drift of the dish position. It was
    > peaked. Other signals work fine including DVB MPEG2 signals, and the 4DTV
    > siganls come in fine. The signal quality has been going down as the temp
    > goes up. It has gone from 80 to 60. That tells me the LNB hates the
    > heat.
    >
    > Does the IPG get touchy with a 60 Qual level?
    >
    > If you have no problem, that tells me hardware issues at my end. I am
    > thinking LNB ,receiver. I am not ruling out bad uplink.
    >
    > Since the picture and sound are good, I wouldn't care, except the IPG
    > makes
    > life alot simpler.
    >
    > Thanks for the feedback,
    >
    > uH

  9. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    hows does one do a manual forced download?

    go to G1-03 and press guide?

    "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >I was just able to do a MANUAL forced download through Wednesday evening
    > on my 920.
    > I was NOT able to download any listings through to next Friday
    > however.My guide is loading,but not the full week,whatever that means.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Valdivar asked:
    ----"hows does one do a manual forced download?
    go to G1-03 and press guide?"----

    Reply:
    It is a very simple procedure:
    1.Press the GUIDE button
    2.Press the SAT button to tell the receiver what satellite part of the
    guide you are interested in.
    (Optional).
    3.Press the NEXT button to tell the receiver what future DAY to
    download.
    4.You MAY already have listings for that day in memory.If so,the guide
    will take you there.(On the satellite you have selected.) If not,the
    receiver will ask you what portion of the day you have selected to
    download.(Current,Morning,Afternoon,Evening,Late Night).
    5.The guide will take you to that portion of the day you have
    selected.If the listings are not there,it will give you a warning blurb
    that says "Guide Listings Are Available on G1.Press ENTER To Retrieve
    Guide Information."
    6.Upon doing so,the dish will automatically go to G1 and on the display
    it will show the satellite WITHOUT A TRANSPONDER OR CHANNEL NUMBER
    SHOWING.
    7.The Guide itself will probably show "NO INFO" in the slots on the
    selected satellite.
    8.At the top of the guide it will say "GETTING GUIDE INFORMATION."
    9.Wait until this process stops and the listings appear in the guide.
    10.Press VIEW and the dish will offer you the option of staying on G1 or
    the previous satellite you were on before the download.
    11.Select one and the process of the manual download is complete.

    Note:the guide takes you to a specific day and time of day for your
    guide listings.As such,there MAY be a gap in listings between where your
    listings left off and the time of the day of the week and hours of day
    you have selected.Repeat the process for these gaps if desired.

    Sorry about the length of this post.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Check to see if the 905 is over-heating.
    Mine exhibited symptoms similar to yours, put a muffin fan blowing down into
    the 905 back where the LNB passthru is located, and all problems are gone -
    including LNB drift.

    "RA-5C" <RA-5CNOSPAM@alzonia.com> wrote in message
    > Correction: To many people having the problem for it to be the 'receiver'
    > or LNB. I
    > am getting IPG on the brain.
    >
    > RA-5C wrote:
    >
    >> Still having problems with the IPG this Sunday morning. Hopefully the
    >> responsible parties will jump on the problem first thing Monday morning.
    >> To many
    >> people having the problem for it to be the IPG or LNB.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    No problem.Tnx for the info.

    > Valdivar asked:
    > ----"hows does one do a manual forced download?
    > go to G1-03 and press guide?"----
    >

    > Reply:
    > It is a very simple procedure:
    > 1.Press the GUIDE button
    > 2.Press the SAT button to tell the receiver what satellite part of the
    > guide you are interested in.
    > (Optional).
    > 3.Press the NEXT button to tell the receiver what future DAY to
    > download.
    > 4.You MAY already have listings for that day in memory.If so,the guide
    > will take you there.(On the satellite you have selected.) If not,the
    > receiver will ask you what portion of the day you have selected to
    > download.(Current,Morning,Afternoon,Evening,Late Night).
    > 5.The guide will take you to that portion of the day you have
    > selected.If the listings are not there,it will give you a warning blurb
    > that says "Guide Listings Are Available on G1.Press ENTER To Retrieve
    > Guide Information."
    > 6.Upon doing so,the dish will automatically go to G1 and on the display
    > it will show the satellite WITHOUT A TRANSPONDER OR CHANNEL NUMBER
    > SHOWING.
    > 7.The Guide itself will probably show "NO INFO" in the slots on the
    > selected satellite.
    > 8.At the top of the guide it will say "GETTING GUIDE INFORMATION."
    > 9.Wait until this process stops and the listings appear in the guide.
    > 10.Press VIEW and the dish will offer you the option of staying on G1 or
    > the previous satellite you were on before the download.
    > 11.Select one and the process of the manual download is complete.
    >
    > Note:the guide takes you to a specific day and time of day for your
    > guide listings.As such,there MAY be a gap in listings between where your
    > listings left off and the time of the day of the week and hours of day
    > you have selected.Repeat the process for these gaps if desired.
    >
    > Sorry about the length of this post.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    While he may have a problem there,it is also true that microwave\satellite
    signals are prone to moisure,humidity and so on,as well as temperature.

    "PhxGrunge" <noname@qwest.net> wrote in message
    > Check to see if the 905 is over-heating.
    > Mine exhibited symptoms similar to yours, put a muffin fan blowing down
    > into the 905 back where the LNB passthru is located, and all problems are
    > gone - including LNB drift.
    >
    > "RA-5C" <RA-5CNOSPAM@alzonia.com> wrote in message
    >> Correction: To many people having the problem for it to be the
    >> 'receiver' or LNB. I
    >> am getting IPG on the brain.
    >>
    >> RA-5C wrote:
    >>
    >>> Still having problems with the IPG this Sunday morning. Hopefully the
    >>> responsible parties will jump on the problem first thing Monday morning.
    >>> To many
    >>> people having the problem for it to be the IPG or LNB.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:37:45 -0400, "Valdivar"
    <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >As as checking G1-03,check the Starz 160-176 channels(esp. 167) as they also
    >come off of that transponder.
    >
    >Since this humid weather,I have been able to get the IPG either.Of course,it
    >doesn't help there are trees in the next yard!Looks like I'll have to suffer
    >til the leaves fall of and the temp. drops!

    One word: Roundup.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:08:15 GMT, Micro Henry <uH@MyServer.Loc> wrote:

    >RA-5C wrote:
    >
    >>> I have a 922 and have noticed problems. Tonight the IPG would not load at
    >>> times and other times it would load only an hour or two beyond the present
    >>> time. The skew has not been changed. Unit is set to download the IPG every
    >>> day. Something is certainly wrong.
    >>

    >Your description is exactly what is happening right now. After several
    >retries I finally got it to load more then two hours. But then the program
    >description was not there. Finally after a few more retries I got that to
    >load. Now I am good til Sunday morning. Who knows how long it will take to
    >get the next day of info.
    >
    >I am wondering if the extreme heat has an effect on the LNB causing more
    >digital jitter? because most of this has gotten worse during the heat wave
    >here in MPLS. Upper 90's to near 100. 98 at my house, 97 at the airport.
    >Anyway the last 3 days have been testing my patience.

    Spray the hose on it?

4DTV Satellite Video