X4 (Ku) Problem

Curious if anyone but me has seen this. My big dish has worked fine
on the 4DTV slots prior to today (LMC on 213, as I recall), though two
days ago I did have to repeak to get it. Now, nothing. While looking
around in the general area where I used to receive it, I get a screen
advertising Michim Deordeant. Did a reboot, but same thing. Got a
rehit, same thing. Signal strength is 100 and quality is 90something
but nothing in there that I am trying to get. Is X4 having a problem
or am I? The rest of the 4DTV digital channels on C band are working
fine. Of course, I called the NPS folks, and as friendly as they are,
they couldn't make heads nor tails of this. Any clues from youse?

Bumfuzzled--and thanks if you can share any insight into this.

Ron
2 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    If your dish is peaked, try doing the skew MANUALLY (don't
    know if you're just doing a "peak" try) on the sat.

    (I might remove X4 and G4 first, let the receiver find it again,
    and start there.)

    Any time you lose a sat -- do the manual skew to find it. All
    electronical things get lost now and then.

    Hope this works, i haven't had it miss yet. And i've had the
    same problem you mention a lot over the years.

    rik

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:36:32 -0700, bitbucket@linkline.com wrote:

    >Curious if anyone but me has seen this. My big dish has worked fine
    >on the 4DTV slots prior to today (LMC on 213, as I recall), though two
    >days ago I did have to repeak to get it. Now, nothing. While looking
    >around in the general area where I used to receive it, I get a screen
    >advertising Michim Deordeant. Did a reboot, but same thing. Got a
    >rehit, same thing. Signal strength is 100 and quality is 90something
    >but nothing in there that I am trying to get. Is X4 having a problem
    >or am I? The rest of the 4DTV digital channels on C band are working
    >fine. Of course, I called the NPS folks, and as friendly as they are,
    >they couldn't make heads nor tails of this. Any clues from youse?
    >
    >Bumfuzzled--and thanks if you can share any insight into this.
    >
    >Ron
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    ~
[...]
    ~>
    ~>Bumfuzzled--and thanks if you can share any insight into this.

    Sorry for replying so late (just discovered this entry in the forum),
    but the answer was in the hardware. My actuator was not tightened
    enough so was slipping. Given time, and not enough touque on the
    bolts, it decided to slide a few inches when going from east to west,
    or vice-versa. When I installed a new actuator last spring, after the
    failure of my last one, I messed up. Fearful of crushing the thing, I
    only snugged the clamp down, didn't really lean into it like I should
    have.

    Thanks pepo, for responding.

    (Spammers have latched onto my real address given in here, and here
    only. This is the only place I trusted with that (dumb, I know now).
    Calibration point.)

4DTV Satellite Video