Crytek Going Through Transitional Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
"Transitional phase" tends to be MBA speak for going bankrupt, getting ready to sell of assets, and laying people off. Feel sorry for those that haven't gotten paid, they did some damn fine work.

I would have bought more of there games if they were 100% on the disk and not have to do the steam thing any game that requires a 3ed party or whatever to dictate the game to me is just a no sale item when a game requires you to give access to my computer as in steams agreement ''with out limitations'' I don't think so .. put the full game on the disk -no internet required - no origen or steam accounts required - nothing but me my computer and the game disk and then I may spend my money on you until then go broke I got plenty of games that don't need all this blackmail it load or play as I see fit..

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
The main problem I have with Crytek is that they try to take on many projects at a time and don't put enough work into individual games so they remain unfinished/unpolished.

like crisis 1 did not need nothing but the disk buy it load it and play it -- no internet [unless you mp] no steam-no origin nothing it was yours to use with out outside interference or content -- the way it should be

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I found "Aftermath" an odd choice of words for someone trying to purvey a positive message about their company. In my mind Crytek was dead as soon as they decided to alienate the PC player base and go for a console and pay to win money grab. With Farcry and Crysis they had two cash cows to milk but somehow they were misguided, lost focus and threw it all away.

well farcry is controlled by ubisoft and crytek got put out in the cold by them on that game
as said crisis was a real pc game and not a $60 steam client that you go through them [steam-origin] to get permission to play as they feel you should
and if you don't agree you don't play or even get to load any of the game so in the end you just got a $60 blank disk

rohitbaran

Distinguished
well farcry is controlled by ubisoft and crytek got put out in the cold by them on that game
as said crisis was a real pc game and not a $60 steam client that you go through them [steam-origin] to get permission to play as they feel you should
and if you don't agree you don't play or even get to load any of the game so in the end you just got a $60 blank disk
What do steam or origin have to do with this? This applies to any games on those platform, not just Crytek's. Also, Crysis 1 and 2 are both available on steam and Crysis 1 had that horrible securom which is far worse than steam.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Crytek just decided to stick to licensing their engine (CryEngine) and make money that way.

They've never really made a solid game, but they made one hell of a dynamic and flexible engine.

but the thing is I hold the game they can stop me form using it they don't have access to my computer ''with out limitation's'' nothing , I don't need to answer or beg to them at all I do not have to accept there mandatory down loads cause if they want to down load or up load from you you cant stop them as long as you accepted there agreement as I stated above or you get revoked and your done right ?? see I don't

like origin its sad they have to try to show that there agreement is not spyware right up front near first thing wow yu got to try that hard to convince me of that first to get me fooled to agree to it ??

yes sir its got a lot to do with it if your dumb enough to fall for it and spend money on it ,well enjoy

would you turn over access to your computer with out limitations [steam] ?? but you do for a game from a who knows what located out side the us of a with out blinking an eye

I'm glad I'm an old gamer with 100's of games that just require me in privacy

''What do steam or origin have to do with this'' -- well the difference between getting my money to live on and not getting my money to stay going I guess

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
When Crytek mentions anything "long term" I stop reading, because anything following that is just a lie. They like to plan for the future and will only support a game for the first few months. After that, they abandon it and leave the community burned and irritated at the unpolished and unbalanced game [here's looking at you Crysis 2 and 3]. Crytek has burned most of it's fan base with this method and this is why they will continue to fail. Both those games had so much potential had they just stuck with it and supported the cash cows. I guess they forget that the people who buy the game are the ones who pay their bills and support the company.

well as for them I did enjoy there games of the past but all I can say no matter what they do if its a game that's not under my control that I can use in private as it use to be then just go under I'm not giving up my hard drive just to play a game

that war face game, I thought look interesting and something I would spend money on but it goes back to all I said above

Status
Not open for further replies.