FA: Philips DSR6000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786811349
Philips DirecTivo DSR6000 With Lifetime Service 57Hours
5 answers Last reply
More about philips dsr6000

    "Stezo" <Stezo@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786811349
    > Philips DirecTivo DSR6000 With Lifetime Service 57Hours

    Unless hacked, DirecTV TiVos (DirecTiVo) don't come with lifetime service.
    That is on the account, not the machine.

    "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sZYxe.135$JO3.129@news02.roc.ny...
    > "Stezo" <Stezo@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786811349
    > > Philips DirecTivo DSR6000 With Lifetime Service 57Hours
    >
    > Unless hacked, DirecTV TiVos (DirecTiVo) don't come with lifetime service.
    > That is on the account, not the machine.

    DirecTV DVRs don't originally have 57 hours either. The DSR6000 is an up to 35 hours model.

    >> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786811349
    >> > Philips DirecTivo DSR6000 With Lifetime Service 57Hours
    >>
    >> Unless hacked, DirecTV TiVos (DirecTiVo) don't come with lifetime
    >> service.
    >> That is on the account, not the machine.
    >>
    > DirecTV DVRs don't originally have 57 hours either. The DSR6000 is an up
    > to 35 hours model.

    Check out the listing, as the screen caps show Tivo account status as 5:
    Lifetime Service, but then it also says Tivo Service :Inactive.

    It also shows recording capacity as variable up to 57 hours, but the listing
    states that an additional hard drive is installed.

    Interesting unit...

    "Poppa H." <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Unless hacked, DirecTV TiVos (DirecTiVo) don't come with lifetime
    >>> service.
    >>> That is on the account, not the machine.
    >>>
    >> DirecTV DVRs don't originally have 57 hours either. The DSR6000 is an up
    >> to 35 hours model.
    >>
    > Check out the listing, as the screen caps show Tivo account status as 5:
    > Lifetime Service, but then it also says Tivo Service :Inactive.

    Screen cap may be from while still in service with DirecTV, but I'm not sure
    which code it would have on an account with lifetime as I've always been
    monthly with my DirecTV DVR service.

    Not saying the seller did this, but some variations of some of the early
    hacks, inclusing service hacks, fooled the machine into thinking it had
    lifetime. I had to do this to one of my early units when the modem blew out
    and the PVR portion of the service requireed regular calls.

    > It also shows recording capacity as variable up to 57 hours, but the
    > listing states that an additional hard drive is installed.

    Probably dropped in a 30 gig drive or so.

    > >> Unless hacked, DirecTV TiVos (DirecTiVo) don't come with lifetime
    > >> service.
    > >> That is on the account, not the machine.
    > >>
    > > DirecTV DVRs don't originally have 57 hours either. The DSR6000 is an up
    > > to 35 hours model.
    > >
    > Check out the listing, as the screen caps show Tivo account status as 5:
    > Lifetime Service, but then it also says Tivo Service :Inactive.
    >
    > It also shows recording capacity as variable up to 57 hours, but the listing
    > states that an additional hard drive is installed.
    >
    > Interesting unit...

    Hmm,
    It also has version 2.5-01 software and hasn't made a successful phone call since Dec 15.
    I wonder which year that was. The "Football P3" access card is no longer a valid card.
    Since the box was apparently used in Canada, it must be a "hacked" DVR.

Ptv Tivo Philips Tivo Video