Unexpected program placement

DirecTiVo, sotware v6.2

I have a season pass for "Airline." (okay, I admit it) I also
have a ARWL using the keyword "Poker." A recent episode of Airline
featured a professional poker player. Rather than this episode being
recorded and placed in the "Airline" folder, it was placed in the
"Poker" folder. I would expect an explicit SP recording to be filed
with the other recordings for that SP. Do ARWL have a higher priority
when TiVo decides where to file the program? Strange.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
t r w 7
at
i x dot n e t c o m dot c o m
_______________________________________
4 answers Last reply
More about unexpected program placement

    * Tim Witort Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > DirecTiVo, sotware v6.2
    >
    > I have a season pass for "Airline." (okay, I admit it) I also
    > have a ARWL using the keyword "Poker." A recent episode of
    > Airline featured a professional poker player. Rather than this
    > episode being recorded and placed in the "Airline" folder, it was
    > placed in the "Poker" folder. I would expect an explicit SP
    > recording to be filed with the other recordings for that SP. Do
    > ARWL have a higher priority when TiVo decides where to file the
    > program? Strange.

    Which has a higher priority in the Season Pass Manager the ARWL or the
    SP?

    --
    David

    SINNER seemed to utter in news:Xns967E79C207FC3Louiscypherhellorg@
    140.99.99.130:

    > * Tim Witort Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    >
    >> DirecTiVo, sotware v6.2
    >>
    >> I have a season pass for "Airline." (okay, I admit it) I also
    >> have a ARWL using the keyword "Poker." A recent episode of
    >> Airline featured a professional poker player. Rather than this
    >> episode being recorded and placed in the "Airline" folder, it was
    >> placed in the "Poker" folder. I would expect an explicit SP
    >> recording to be filed with the other recordings for that SP. Do
    >> ARWL have a higher priority when TiVo decides where to file the
    >> program? Strange.
    >>

    > Which has a higher priority in the Season Pass Manager the ARWL or the
    > SP?

    Airline is #15, the Poker ARWL is #40.

    -- TRW
    _______________________________________
    t r w 7
    at
    i x dot n e t c o m dot c o m
    _______________________________________

    Tim Witort (trw7at@ixdot.netcomdotcom) wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    > > Which has a higher priority in the Season Pass Manager the ARWL or the
    > > SP?
    > >

    > Airline is #15, the Poker ARWL is #40.

    Here are some things that could have caused the ARWL to record it:

    - SP is "First Run Only", ARWL is "First Run and Repeats" and the show is
    a repeat

    - During the scan of the SP list to add things, between the time the SP
    was checked and the ARWL was checked, guide data got updated (conflict
    gone, show just added, etc.)

    - SP was set to record it, got explicitly cancelled by the user, and then
    ARWL picked it up on a different showing

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/AmericaOnline.gif

    Jeff Rife seemed to utter in

    > Tim Witort (trw7at@ixdot.netcomdotcom) wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    >> > Which has a higher priority in the Season Pass Manager the ARWL or
    >> > the SP?
    >> >

    >> Airline is #15, the Poker ARWL is #40.
    >
    > Here are some things that could have caused the ARWL to record it:
    >
    > - SP is "First Run Only", ARWL is "First Run and Repeats" and the show
    > is
    > a repeat

    Both are set to FRO

    > - During the scan of the SP list to add things, between the time the SP
    > was checked and the ARWL was checked, guide data got updated
    > (conflict gone, show just added, etc.)

    This is possible, but it seems very unlikely.

    > - SP was set to record it, got explicitly cancelled by the user, and
    > then
    > ARWL picked it up on a different showing

    This didn't happen.

    Thus far, only the second scenario makes sense and it seems so
    unlikely to happen. Oh well.

    -- TRW
    t r w 7
    at