DirectTivo Question

I currently have a Dual LNB setup. I have 2 lines coming into my house
going into a multiswitch. 2 lines going into my Tivo, the other into
another room.
Can I add another multiswitch to the line that's in my other room to
make that 2 lines as well? Or can you not re-split a line that is coming
out of a splitter?
Just trying to get to lines into my other room without having to run a
boatload of add'l cable.

How is the multi switch diff't than a basic coaxial splitter?
1 answer Last reply
More about directtivo question

    In news:SIoue.1360$Z.554@trndny05,
    jlab13 <spam@spam.com> rambled:

    > I currently have a Dual LNB setup. I have 2 lines coming into my house
    > going into a multiswitch. 2 lines going into my Tivo, the other into
    > another room.
    > Can I add another multiswitch to the line that's in my other room to
    > make that 2 lines as well? Or can you not re-split a line that is
    > coming out of a splitter?
    > Just trying to get to lines into my other room without having to run a
    > boatload of add'l cable.
    >
    > How is the multi switch diff't than a basic coaxial splitter?

    What I did was split each line coming into the house, so I had 2
    "high-voltage" lines (~17V IIRC) and 2 "low-voltage" lines (~13V IIRC).
    Then, I ran one high and one low to a 2x4 multiswitch. I then did the same
    for another 2x4 when we expanded. I figured this would be better than a 2x8
    or whatever because now, if one fails, we'll still have service on a couple
    televisions. Whereas if we had one big multiswitch and it failed, we'd be
    screwed.

    --
    KB

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video