Screen Not Correctly Fitting Monitor - 1080p Supposedly

Flynnstone

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I'm running a Windows 7 PC with an NVidia GTX 760 GPU.

I've had this computer for over 6 months now and I've never had a problem with the monitor however the problem is, all of a sudden, the screen isn't fitting.

In Screen Resolution options, it's telling me that there's been no change, that the resolution is still at 1920x1080p, what is recommended for my monitor. I've tried changing it and changing it back with no results. It's just generally irritating. I've also tried messing around in the NVidia control panel but that also made no changes apart from slightly improving it by manually tampering with the size and aspect ratio.

I just don't know what to do.

Mounty_078

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014

You mean that you have those black openings right? So it doesn't fill up the screen? What Monitor have you got?

Check your scaling options in your GPU settings. If you are seeing a black border around it, it means you are underscanning. Try dragging the slider towards the overscan side and see it the picture fills the screen and gets rid of the borders.

If its some other problem and not black borders, could you please post a picture so we can see what it looks like?

Right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click NVIDIA Control Panel .
In the View Selection window that opens, select Advanced Settings , and then click OK . The NVIDIA Control Panel opens.
In Selecting a Task on the left, under Video & Television , click Resize HDTV desktop . A window opens.
Ensure that Do not resize my desktop is selected. If necessary, click this option to select it.
Click Apply , and then click Yes to keep the change.

Flynnstone

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

It's not any black bars/black parts to my monitor, it's the fact that it is too large for my monitor. The screen exceeds what is being shown. It's an Idek iiyama PL2473HD

Mounty_078

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014

Try what the others said. If that doesn't work try to go to your monitor's menu and change the format to fit screen. It's probably set to 16:9 or something.

Flynnstone

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Can't find anything regarding Video & Television.