copy protection

I had an older Phillips DTivo with added HD that died on me.
Replaced it with a new DTivo R-10 80 hr unit. Unfotunately, I can no
longer seen to make DVD backups of movies from HBO or Showtime. My
DVD recorder is flashing 'source content is copy protected'.
I tend to burn a lot of stuff off the Tivo to watch on airplanes and
while traveling and would really like to figure out how to make this
work again. Do I need to get the Phillips unit repaired, or is this
part of the software upgrade? Am I stuck or what? There has to be a
way round this limitation.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about copy protection

    In article <MPG.1d238f18299bcdbb98b8ca@news.easynews.com>, danny <no@nohow.com> wrote:
    >I had an older Phillips DTivo with added HD that died on me.
    >Replaced it with a new DTivo R-10 80 hr unit. Unfotunately, I can no
    >longer seen to make DVD backups of movies from HBO or Showtime.

    Try using a DVD-RW disk and format it as VR mode. Alot of DVD recorders allow
    you to record a "record once" encoded source like many HBO and Showtime shows
    only onto a rewriteable and only if in DVD-VR mode. You then can take that
    DVD-VR formatted disk over to a computer and run it thru TMPGENC DVD author or
    Ulead DVD movie factory 4 and convert it to DVD+R or DVD-R disk

    Damn that CPMS

    My
    >DVD recorder is flashing 'source content is copy protected'.
    >I tend to burn a lot of stuff off the Tivo to watch on airplanes and
    >while traveling and would really like to figure out how to make this
    >work again. Do I need to get the Phillips unit repaired, or is this
    >part of the software upgrade? Am I stuck or what? There has to be a
    >way round this limitation.
    >Thanks

Ptv Tivo Tivo