ANyone else hit by DirecTV firmware "upgrade" ?

Last week, DTV "upgraded" the firmware on their newer receivers.
Now the Tivo is unable to tune to any channels below 200, which means
locals.

How many here were hit by this?
6 answers Last reply
More about hit directv firmware upgrade

    In article <k0loa1l4nvluot4qopgilfj1cm1krd0nk4@4ax.com>,
    "Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com" <> wrote:

    > Last week, DTV "upgraded" the firmware on their newer receivers.
    > Now the Tivo is unable to tune to any channels below 200, which means
    > locals.
    >
    > How many here were hit by this?

    Your machine forget it gets locals. Should come on within 24 hours, if
    not, or you're impatient, call 1-800-DIRECTV

    >Your machine forget it gets locals. Should come on within 24 hours, if
    >not, or you're impatient, call 1-800-DIRECTV

    No, I had that happen before, and had to call and have them switched
    back on. What I'm talking about is a new problem. When Tivo sends a
    signal to change channels, anything below 200 is ignored by the
    receiver. It acts like it is changing channels (goes black for a
    second), but it remains on whatever channel it was on.

    All channels above 200 work like they're supposed to.

    They basically broke the data port on the DTV receiver with their new
    firmware.

    In article <mnooa11o5sn48fm33qk5ccun1b8rmoe60b@4ax.com>,
    "Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com" <> wrote:

    > >Your machine forget it gets locals. Should come on within 24 hours, if
    > >not, or you're impatient, call 1-800-DIRECTV
    >
    > No, I had that happen before, and had to call and have them switched
    > back on. What I'm talking about is a new problem. When Tivo sends a
    > signal to change channels, anything below 200 is ignored by the
    > receiver. It acts like it is changing channels (goes black for a
    > second), but it remains on whatever channel it was on.
    >
    > All channels above 200 work like they're supposed to.
    >
    > They basically broke the data port on the DTV receiver with their new
    > firmware.

    Try reconfiguring it from scratch

    "Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com" <> wrote in

    > No, I had that happen before, and had to call and have them switched
    > back on. What I'm talking about is a new problem. When Tivo sends a
    > signal to change channels, anything below 200 is ignored by the
    > receiver. It acts like it is changing channels (goes black for a
    > second), but it remains on whatever channel it was on.
    >
    > All channels above 200 work like they're supposed to.
    >
    > They basically broke the data port on the DTV receiver with their new
    > firmware.

    Yep. They sure did.

    http://www.livejournal.com/community/tivolovers/163804.html?nc=11

    I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad Multi Switch in my
    attic. Replaced, and all is now well.
    Direct TV was very helpful in solving the problam.

    Good Luck

    On 12 Jun 2005 17:36:22 GMT, Howard <stile99@email..com> wrote:

    >"Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com" <> wrote in
    >
    >> No, I had that happen before, and had to call and have them switched
    >> back on. What I'm talking about is a new problem. When Tivo sends a
    >> signal to change channels, anything below 200 is ignored by the
    >> receiver. It acts like it is changing channels (goes black for a
    >> second), but it remains on whatever channel it was on.
    >>
    >> All channels above 200 work like they're supposed to.
    >>
    >> They basically broke the data port on the DTV receiver with their new
    >> firmware.
    >
    >Yep. They sure did.
    >
    >http://www.livejournal.com/community/tivolovers/163804.html?nc=11

    I have two SA Tivos and the D10 DYV Receivers. Once I got the
    DTV 'upgrade' last night, I couldn't get Tivo to change to
    channels under 200 either. (I use the Tivo to tuner serial cable
    too.)

    I called DTV and they said that, "Yes, they had heard of the
    problem and Tivo was aware of it." I said that, "No, you did it
    and Tivo can't fix it if there's no signal coming out of the DTV
    low-speed data port." After a bit more 'discussion', we agreed
    that he would pass along my complaint and that everyone that had
    the same problem should do the same because more complaints would
    speed up the process.

    I recommend that you all do that.

    In the meantime, I've hooked up the IR Blasters again.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Firmware Video