Short term charges

Does anyone know if it is possible to get an activation for just a short
time. I was thinking of getting another unit to use in a vacation house,
where I am for about a month a year. I would hate to have to pay for a
whole year, with just a month's usage.
--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:12:34 GMT, Jerry Bank <bankcello@peoplepc.com>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if it is possible to get an activation for just a short
    >time. I was thinking of getting another unit to use in a vacation house,
    >where I am for about a month a year. I would hate to have to pay for a
    >whole year, with just a month's usage.

    I've always gotten lifetime activation. For monthly, do they actually
    make you agree to a whole year?

    If that was the case, you could use that second Replay at home or if
    the TV works in that vacation house all the time, leave it to record
    shows for you there.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:47:55 -0500, Mark Lloyd
    <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:12:34 GMT, Jerry Bank <bankcello@peoplepc.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know if it is possible to get an activation for just a short
    >>time. I was thinking of getting another unit to use in a vacation house,
    >>where I am for about a month a year. I would hate to have to pay for a
    >>whole year, with just a month's usage.
    >
    >I've always gotten lifetime activation. For monthly, do they actually
    >make you agree to a whole year?
    >
    >If that was the case, you could use that second Replay at home or if
    >the TV works in that vacation house all the time, leave it to record
    >shows for you there.

    You can cancel and reactivate a monthly machine but they charge you
    for the reactivation. Look at the web site for the cost. It used to be
    $25 but that is old info.

    I just subscribed by "spare" machine using the reduced-rate monthly
    subscription ($6.95). I plan to unsubscribe it at some point. I saw
    nothing that committed me to a long-term monthly payment. After all, I
    might give in and buy the lifetime activation for it before too long.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:12:34 GMT, Jerry Bank <bankcello@peoplepc.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know if it is possible to get an activation for just a short
    >>time. I was thinking of getting another unit to use in a vacation house,
    >>where I am for about a month a year. I would hate to have to pay for a
    >>whole year, with just a month's usage.
    >
    > I've always gotten lifetime activation. For monthly, do they actually
    > make you agree to a whole year?
    >
    > If that was the case, you could use that second Replay at home or if
    > the TV works in that vacation house all the time, leave it to record
    > shows for you there.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Lloyd
    > has a Replay 5xxx
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >
    > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > still fall for that scam."

Ptv Replaytv Video ReplayTV