a Tivo2. What is the easiest way to re-program the Tivos channel lineup?
6 answers Last reply
More about channel lineup

    It should update automatically when the changes take effect. If it doesn't
    within 2 or 3 days after the changes, contact Tivo's channel lineup folks
    via E-mail.

    On 2005-06-11, Norm <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > My local cable provider, Comcast will be changing the channel lineup. I have
    > a Tivo2. What is the easiest way to re-program the Tivos channel lineup?

    The easiest way would be to let the TiVo do it itself.

    --
    This is my .sig

    Norm wrote:
    > My local cable provider, Comcast will be changing the channel lineup. I have
    > a Tivo2. What is the easiest way to re-program the Tivos channel lineup?

    First, check to see that the new lineup is already known.
    Go to http://www.zap2it.com and enter your zip code.
    On the TV Listings page there, Comcast should show up more
    than once in the provider list. Click on Confirm Channel Lineup
    to verify.

    If the new lineup is known to zap2it, then it is known to TiVo.
    Go to Messages & Setup -> System Reset -> Repeat Guided Setup.
    Select the new lineup - your recordings and Season Passes will be intact.
    -Joe

    "Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > My local cable provider, Comcast will be changing the channel lineup. I
    > have a Tivo2. What is the easiest way to re-program the Tivos channel
    > lineup?

    Our local cable provider Adelphia dropped and added a few channels earlier
    this week, and TiVo knew about on the day it happened. Hopefully Comcast
    will inform the company that does the channels and guides, Tribune Media
    Services I think.

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:45:12 -0700, Joe Smith <joe@inwap.com> wrote:

    >Norm wrote:
    >> My local cable provider, Comcast will be changing the channel lineup. I have
    >> a Tivo2. What is the easiest way to re-program the Tivos channel lineup?
    >
    >First, check to see that the new lineup is already known.
    >Go to http://www.zap2it.com and enter your zip code.
    >On the TV Listings page there, Comcast should show up more
    >than once in the provider list. Click on Confirm Channel Lineup
    >to verify.
    >
    >If the new lineup is known to zap2it, then it is known to TiVo.
    >Go to Messages & Setup -> System Reset -> Repeat Guided Setup.
    >Select the new lineup - your recordings and Season Passes will be intact.
    > -Joe

    It can take zap2it a long, long, loooooong time to update their
    listings. I had a Comcast lineup change about 2 months ago. My Tivo
    updated the first day before I realized the change had been made.
    Zap2It STILL hasn't made the update. (This change was just 4 channels
    changing position, so they are still listed, just on the wrong
    channel)

    Garth wrote:

    > It can take zap2it a long, long, loooooong time to update their
    > listings. I had a Comcast lineup change about 2 months ago. My Tivo
    > updated the first day before I realized the change had been made.
    > Zap2It STILL hasn't made the update. (This change was just 4 channels
    > changing position, so they are still listed, just on the wrong
    > channel)

    Well, the last time channels changed in my neighborhood, the zap2it
    listing for "Comcast Fremont" remained unchanged for several months, but
    the newly added listing for "Comcast Fremont - rebuild" was accurate a
    couple of weeks before the changeover. Upon re-entering my zip code,
    zap2it presented a list of potential matches. All I had to do
    was to select the line-up that matched what I was really connected to.

    Does zap2it provide multiple listings for your zip code?
    Have you tried them all to verify that none of them are accurate?
    -Joe

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video Cable