Not recorded error 4

Any one seen "not recorded error 4"? TiVo didn't record the last episode of
House and this is the reason given. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about recorded error

    In article <Ch7le.23$qi5.130@news.oracle.com>, Fred Bloggs
    <SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Any one seen "not recorded error 4"? TiVo didn't record the last episode of
    > House and this is the reason given. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try Googling this newsgroup for "error 4," and you'll come up with a
    thread or two about this problem.

    Thirteen months ago, my own error 4 caused the cancellation of a
    recording of a program that I'd long had on an Season Pass and which
    had never failed to record before. My problem was odd: The TiVo
    wouldn't record the 8 p.m. showing of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann"
    because of an error 4, but it faithfully recorded the midnight repeat
    without a problem. This happened several days in a row.

    Rebooting the TiVo, the most commonly suggested remedy, did not work in
    my case. Cancelling the Season Pass for "Countdown" and re-entering it
    solved the problem permanently. You might try doing that for "House."

    "Fred Bloggs" <SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Any one seen "not recorded error 4"? TiVo didn't record the last episode
    > of House and this is the reason given. Any thoughts?

    They have this new thing called Google. Putting in 'tivo not recorded
    error 4' results in, among others:

    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=2832880#post2832880

    http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/topic/159749-1.html

    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-28198.html

    Or, even better, TiVo's own website:

    Internal error 4 message in the Recording History. The DVR was unable to
    record the previously scheduled program due to an internal error. This
    error is rare and should not recur. In the unlikely event that you should
    encounter such an error message again, you will need to powercycle the DVR.
    For information on powercycling the DVR, go to How Do I Restart or
    Powercycle the DVR?

    Apparently a guide error. Reboot and worry no more.
    http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv1197.htm?

    "Dr. Personality" <affable@no.com.invalid> wrote in

    > Thirteen months ago, my own error 4 caused the cancellation of a
    > recording of a program that I'd long had on an Season Pass and which
    > had never failed to record before. My problem was odd: The TiVo
    > wouldn't record the 8 p.m. showing of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann"
    > because of an error 4, but it faithfully recorded the midnight repeat
    > without a problem. This happened several days in a row.

    Keep at most one, keep until space needed? Captain Bob?

    > Rebooting the TiVo, the most commonly suggested remedy, did not work in
    > my case. Cancelling the Season Pass for "Countdown" and re-entering it
    > solved the problem permanently. You might try doing that for "House."

    Scary that if the above matches, you are in one of the links Google finds.

    * Sean Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > The depth of your ignorance is amazing.

    Oh the Irony....

    --