How does this occur and how can it be corrected?
5 answers Last reply
More about wrong program

    On 2005-06-05, Norm <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > I have a Tivo2
    > When I go to NOW PLAYING and select a program (JAG) the description
    > indicates that the program is JAG but when I play it is some other program.
    >
    > How does this occur and how can it be corrected?

    The two thoughts that came to my mind were:
    1) Your TiVo tried to change a channel to record JAG but the channel
    didn't get changed so TiVo recorded whatever it was watching but thought
    it was watching JAG. This can happen if you are using the IR blasters and
    they malfunction due to misalignment or something similar. To correct,
    ensure the TiVo can correctly change channels and change IR codes or
    reposition IR blasters to have better coverage.

    2) The TV station that was supposed to show JAG showed something else but
    your guide information never got updated. TiVo expected JAG to be there
    but the TV station put something else there instead. There isn't really a
    way for users to fix this.

    --
    This is my .sig

    In article <11a6bmg9oofkf2c@corp.supernews.com>,
    Mike Hunt <in2sheep@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > On 2005-06-05, Norm <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > > I have a Tivo2
    > > When I go to NOW PLAYING and select a program (JAG) the description
    > > indicates that the program is JAG but when I play it is some other program.
    > >
    > > How does this occur and how can it be corrected?
    >
    > The two thoughts that came to my mind were:
    > 1) Your TiVo tried to change a channel to record JAG but the channel
    > didn't get changed so TiVo recorded whatever it was watching but thought
    > it was watching JAG. This can happen if you are using the IR blasters and
    > they malfunction due to misalignment or something similar. To correct,
    > ensure the TiVo can correctly change channels and change IR codes or
    > reposition IR blasters to have better coverage.
    >
    > 2) The TV station that was supposed to show JAG showed something else but
    > your guide information never got updated. TiVo expected JAG to be there
    > but the TV station put something else there instead. There isn't really a
    > way for users to fix this.

    More likely the latter. I've had this happen with PBS and BBCA shows.

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:04:52 GMT, "Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I have a Tivo2
    >When I go to NOW PLAYING and select a program (JAG) the description
    >indicates that the program is JAG but when I play it is some other program.
    >
    >How does this occur and how can it be corrected?

    Tivo F'ed up. That's not uncommon.

    Sean

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:42:22 -0400, Sean wrote:

    >On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:04:52 GMT, "Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a Tivo2
    >>When I go to NOW PLAYING and select a program (JAG) the description
    >>indicates that the program is JAG but when I play it is some other program.
    >>
    >>How does this occur and how can it be corrected?
    >>

    >Tivo F'ed up. That's not uncommon.
    >
    >Sean

    Norm, I've got comments for you below. First we have to welcome
    our comcast cable company shill back to the group. ;)

    WOW, you're back! Glad to see you, Sean. I was wondering if you
    had somehow managed to forget to close your mouth in the shower
    and ended up drowning, but my fears are gone now. WOO HOO!

    But, you didn't swear at the person who was asking a simple
    question, what's wrong? Did you just get out of the institution
    and the medication hasn't worn off yet? Don't worry, just drink
    plenty of clear fluids and the lithium/prozac cocktail will flush
    clear of your system in no time. Try light, easy-to-digest foods
    until you're sure you won't get sick all over yourself again. Ok?

    Norm, that kind of thing has happened to me on occasion. If you
    are using the Infrared cable to change channels, some other
    signal could have interfered with the change command. This
    happened to me the other day, when the now-summer sun was shining
    in the window at just the right time. Usually you can check this
    by seeing the change command reflected on the screen at the very
    beginning of the recording, use the back-8-seconds button to make
    sure you are at the start.
    Or, it could be a screwup on the part of the broadcasting network
    that wrote the schedule. That's happened to me once also.
    I can say for sure that as long as tivo has the correct info
    (guide data/cable company/channel lineup/network name) it does
    it's job correctly.

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:09:46 -0400, Jason wrote:

    >But, you didn't swear at the person who was asking a simple
    >question, what's wrong? Did you just get out of the institution
    >and the medication hasn't worn off yet? Don't worry, just drink
    >plenty of clear fluids and the lithium/prozac cocktail will flush
    >clear of your system in no time. Try light, easy-to-digest foods
    >until you're sure you won't get sick all over yourself again. Ok?

    Sounds like you have personal experience with this.

    Not surprising for this NG.

    Sean

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video