30 Second Delay Not Working After Latest Upgrade

I just got the newest service upgrade today (the TiVo to go). I
noticed my 30 second fast forward stopped working. No big deal since
this always happens with an service upgrade or when Tivo loses power.
However, this time I cannot enable this "Easter egg" any more. I hit
the [SELECT] - [PLAY] - [SELECT] - [3] - [0] - [SELECT] combination
but it will not work. It always worked before. So now I am stuck
without this "feature", which I depend on every day. Without it I am
lost (damn commercials)!!! Anyone have any help or experienced this
recently? I don't know why this is not a standard button on the Tivo.
It is on other DVR cable box remotes. Lame.
10 answers Last reply
More about delay working latest upgrade

    Blade wrote:
    > I just got the newest service upgrade today (the TiVo to go). I
    > noticed my 30 second fast forward stopped working. No big deal since
    > this always happens with an service upgrade or when Tivo loses power.
    > However, this time I cannot enable this "Easter egg" any more. I hit
    > the [SELECT] - [PLAY] - [SELECT] - [3] - [0] - [SELECT] combination
    > but it will not work. It always worked before. So now I am stuck
    > without this "feature", which I depend on every day. Without it I am
    > lost (damn commercials)!!! Anyone have any help or experienced this
    > recently? I don't know why this is not a standard button on the Tivo.
    > It is on other DVR cable box remotes. Lame.

    I've got 7.1b(.something) which I believe is the latest, and my 30
    second skip works fine.

    For what it's worth, Tivo may keep the 30 second skip as an unsupported
    feature to keep the broadcasters off their backs. ReplayTV implemented
    full commercial skip capability and caught hell from the broadcasters
    until they removed it.

    Sometimes the reason behind something is political, not technical.

    Randy S.

    Blade <blade@nospam.net> wrote in news:vvuc91dl44dsoffc003gp25i08sd07mceo@
    4ax.com:

    > recently? I don't know why this is not a standard button on the Tivo.
    > It is on other DVR cable box remotes. Lame.

    No it isn't.

    "Blade" <blade@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >I just got the newest service upgrade today (the TiVo to go). I
    > noticed my 30 second fast forward stopped working. No big deal since
    > this always happens with an service upgrade or when Tivo loses power.
    > However, this time I cannot enable this "Easter egg" any more. I hit
    > the [SELECT] - [PLAY] - [SELECT] - [3] - [0] - [SELECT] combination
    > but it will not work. It always worked before. So now I am stuck
    > without this "feature", which I depend on every day. Without it I am
    > lost (damn commercials)!!! Anyone have any help or experienced this
    > recently? I don't know why this is not a standard button on the Tivo.
    > It is on other DVR cable box remotes. Lame.

    You have to be sure to enter the code while you are playing back a recorded
    program. It doesn't work on Live TV. Give that a try.

    Barry

    In article <S1Cle.1149$MI4.485@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Barry
    <Barry@noneofyourbeeswax.com> wrote:

    > "Blade" <blade@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > >I just got the newest service upgrade today (the TiVo to go). I
    > > noticed my 30 second fast forward stopped working. No big deal since
    > > this always happens with an service upgrade or when Tivo loses power.
    > > However, this time I cannot enable this "Easter egg" any more. I hit
    > > the [SELECT] - [PLAY] - [SELECT] - [3] - [0] - [SELECT] combination
    > > but it will not work. It always worked before. So now I am stuck
    > > without this "feature", which I depend on every day. Without it I am
    > > lost (damn commercials)!!! Anyone have any help or experienced this
    > > recently? I don't know why this is not a standard button on the Tivo.
    > > It is on other DVR cable box remotes. Lame.
    >

    > You have to be sure to enter the code while you are playing back a recorded
    > program. It doesn't work on Live TV. Give that a try.

    The sequence can sometimes be stubborn to enter, and repeated attempts
    can fail. I've found it helpful to press the Replay button just before
    re-entering the code. Doing so seems to clear the "bad" code, or at
    least it puts a wall between the bad code and the new code being
    entered.

    I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the "easter egg" total instructions here
    in this string. I did the combination below, but not sure what to do
    then to get it to skip 30 seconds. I looked above and couldn't find it.
    could someone give the total story on this easter egg. I'd really
    appreciate it. sounds cool.
    DAve

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 09:48:34 GMT, "Barry" <Barry@noneofyourbeeswax.com>
    wrote:

    > You have to be sure to enter the code while you are playing back a recorded
    > program. It doesn't work on Live TV. Give that a try.

    Actually it does but it's harder to enter reliably there because the
    buttons can cause other things to happen while you're doing it.

    --
    "It is more uplifting to find the beauty, wonder, spirituality, and
    reverence in what we can see, than to imagine they only exist in what we

    In article <Q6Hle.9204$6k7.6931@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, DAve Allison
    <dave1225@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    > I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the "easter egg" total instructions here
    > in this string. I did the combination below, but not sure what to do
    > then to get it to skip 30 seconds. I looked above and couldn't find it.
    > could someone give the total story on this easter egg. I'd really
    > appreciate it. sounds cool.

    Use the Advance button to skip ahead 30 seconds. If you are
    fast-forwarding or rewinding at any speed (1x, 2x, 3x), the Advance
    button will take you instantly to the next nearest time tick.

    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=122090

    --
    David

    "Dr. Personality" <affable@no.com.invalid> wrote in message news:270520051040408391%affable@no.com.invalid...

    > The sequence can sometimes be stubborn to enter, and repeated attempts
    > can fail. I've found it helpful to press the Replay button just before
    > re-entering the code. Doing so seems to clear the "bad" code, or at
    > least it puts a wall between the bad code and the new code being
    > entered.

    When you successfully enter the 30 second skip button presses, the modification
    will seem to fail on every two attempts. Executing the button sequence an
    even number of times will leave the DVR as it was before you started.

    If you press the buttons while watching live TV and quickly "Clear" after
    the last button press, you can prevent the jump to channel 30.

    On 27 May 2005 03:41:55 GMT, Howard <stile99@email.com> wrote:

    >Blade <blade@nospam.net> wrote in news:vvuc91dl44dsoffc003gp25i08sd07mceo@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> recently? I don't know why this is not a standard button on the Tivo.
    >> It is on other DVR cable box remotes. Lame.
    >
    >No it isn't.

    It is on my Comcast remote because I programmed it that way. You can
    assign the 30 second skip to any key you want and it stays with the
    remote. Powering off the DVR has no effect on it.

    Far superior to the Tivo "hack". But then everything about Tivo
    is pretty inferior compared to the Comcast DVR's.

    Sean

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video