Graphics card purchases

Have you had trouble buying a graphics card before?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teriyakiturtle

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
Recently i went to buy two 290x's to crossfire them but i decided to get them both secondhand. I received one card from amazon and it turned out to be fake so i got my money back but i bought a second hand one off ebay and it never got delivered and ebay are trying to get my money back. So i just wondered how many people have had issues buying GPU's i am so frustrated and now i've had to wait a month to receive a refund and i may even not get one from ebay! I'd like to hear other peoples stories and issues!

I have never had issues buying graphics cards, because I dont buy used.
You pretty much should avoid used cards for these reason plus others.

Honestly you did get the short end of the stick, but nobody really wins with used cards, except the seller.

teriyakiturtle

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

When i bought a used 680 it has lasted me until now , i suppose people have different experiences but i prefer to buy used as i water cool anyway, and with the 290x's being sold after mining decreased i thought i was in for a bargain!

teriyakiturtle

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

Depends if it was large scale, most mining gpu's arent overclocked to keep them stable so they can be kept on for long periods, some miners doing it for their first time maybe would have abused the cards but they usually wouldnt be too abused!