Need Advice about best 1440p 27" monitor paired with best GPU

koko_shmoko

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey everyone,

First post here.
I would love to get an advice about what Display to get and what graphics card to pair it with. Budget is not a huge factor.

Display: I'm looking for a high-quality 27" IPS display, 1440p at least, if possible to clock to 120hz that would be grand, but bottom line is that I'm looking for beautiful picture, not so much super-fast response time because I'm not a competitive gamer. Just want a gorgeous display with high resolution.

GPU: I was told I need at least one GPU (a couple of ppl even told me to get 3). Although if I'm playing only on one screen, 27" @ 1440p do I really need more than one strong GPU? If so, I'm thinking 2 GTX 780 Ti's or 2 Titan Blacks, or perhaps 1 GTX 780 Ti and 1 Titan Black? Also should I use SLI or CrossFire?

I'm a newb at custom builds so any advice would be great really... I appreciate it! Thanks!

olafgarten

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I'd recommend the ASUS PA279Q, it's a great monitor and comes factory calibrated, or you might want to get the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q, it has gsync, and is 3d. It also runs at 144hz. They are both about the same price, so you can choose colour accuracy, or better gaming features. For the GPU, I would go for either one or two 780ti's.