Tivolution Magazine

For the past month and a half (it could be earlier,but I was not aware
of it) Tivolution is missing from "Showcases".
It is not a major loss by any means,but it sure made picking movies and
programs to record a lot easier.Is this just a fluke with my unit,or is
this more widespread? If so,why did they pull it? My unit is the Sony
SAT-T60 with the older
3.1.0c2-01-1-011 software.
8 answers Last reply
More about tivolution magazine

    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=237319

    --
    David

    Thanks,SINNER for the TiVo Community Forum reference.......but it is
    even more confusing to me now.The article referenced makes mention that
    the only thing LEFT in "Showcases" will be TIVOLUTION MAGAZINE (or
    should be).
    In my case,it is exactly the opposite.....I still have channel showcases
    but NO Tivolution....so what IS the intended result,and why am I in
    contradiction to the posted article?

    SINNER wrote:

    > http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=237319

    Standalone TiVo = TiVolution Magazine, no network showcases.
    DirecTV + TiVo = Showcases for HBO, no TiVolution Magazine.
    -Joe

    "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message news:13796-42A5DB1A-150@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
    > Thanks,SINNER for the TiVo Community Forum reference.......but it is
    > even more confusing to me now.The article referenced makes mention that
    > the only thing LEFT in "Showcases" will be TIVOLUTION MAGAZINE (or
    > should be).
    > In my case,it is exactly the opposite.....I still have channel showcases
    > but NO Tivolution....so what IS the intended result,and why am I in
    > contradiction to the posted article?

    Tivolution is gone and has been absent for some time. There is nothing
    other than speculation for the reason it has been removed.

    My guess is the someone who was responsible for updating it has more
    important tasks.

    Jack Ak wrote:
    > "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message news:13796-42A5DB1A-150@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
    >
    >>Thanks,SINNER for the TiVo Community Forum reference.......but it is
    >>even more confusing to me now.The article referenced makes mention that
    >>the only thing LEFT in "Showcases" will be TIVOLUTION MAGAZINE (or
    >>should be).
    >>In my case,it is exactly the opposite.....I still have channel showcases
    >>but NO Tivolution....so what IS the intended result,and why am I in
    >>contradiction to the posted article?
    >
    > Tivolution is gone and has been absent for some time. There is nothing
    > other than speculation for the reason it has been removed.

    It is not gone from the standalone units. My series 1 SA TiVo still has
    TiVolution Magazine: Movie Marquee, Opening Night, Special Delivery,
    Reality Check, Kid's Stuff.

    Sounds like DirecTV has decided that viewers should be content
    with HBO/SHOWTIME/CINEMAX and nothing else.
    -Joe

    * SAC 441 Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > Thanks,SINNER for the TiVo Community Forum reference.......but it
    > is even more confusing to me now.The article referenced makes
    > mention that the only thing LEFT in "Showcases" will be TIVOLUTION
    > MAGAZINE (or should be).
    > In my case,it is exactly the opposite.....I still have channel
    > showcases but NO Tivolution....so what IS the intended result,and
    > why am I in contradiction to the posted article?

    Yeah, I noticed that too but after reading the thread I was thinking it
    was just a typo or somesuch. I am in the same boat as you as I imagine
    everyone else is.

    --
    David

    "Joe Smith" <joe@inwap.com> wrote in message news:a_-dnY6OTZBovDvfRVn-rQ@comcast.com...
    > Jack Ak wrote:
    > > "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message news:13796-42A5DB1A-150@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
    > >
    > >>Thanks,SINNER for the TiVo Community Forum reference.......but it is
    > >>even more confusing to me now.The article referenced makes mention that
    > >>the only thing LEFT in "Showcases" will be TIVOLUTION MAGAZINE (or
    > >>should be).
    > >>In my case,it is exactly the opposite.....I still have channel showcases
    > >>but NO Tivolution....so what IS the intended result,and why am I in
    > >>contradiction to the posted article?
    > >
    > > Tivolution is gone and has been absent for some time. There is nothing
    > > other than speculation for the reason it has been removed.
    >
    > It is not gone from the standalone units. My series 1 SA TiVo still has
    > TiVolution Magazine: Movie Marquee, Opening Night, Special Delivery,
    > Reality Check, Kid's Stuff.
    >
    > Sounds like DirecTV has decided that viewers should be content
    > with HBO/SHOWTIME/CINEMAX and nothing else.

    Is your TiVolution Magazine current or remaining from an old update?

    DirecTV DVRs have HBO, Starz on demand, Starz Superpak, occasional
    Hollywood "in-theaters-now" movies and PPV promos in Showcases.

    Starz Superpak currently lists 4 New Hit Movies, 3 from 2003 and 1 from 2004.
    None was a major BO. You get better value from Netflix at $9.99 monthly
    for unlimited DVD one-at-a-time rental.

    I haven't noticed ShowTime or Cinemax there since TiVolution was dropped.
    I don't subscribe to any premium movie packages, so Showcases is no interest.

    Jack Ak wrote:

    >>It is not gone from the standalone units. My series 1 SA TiVo still has
    >>TiVolution Magazine: Movie Marquee, Opening Night, Special Delivery,
    >>Reality Check, Kid's Stuff.
    >
    > Is your TiVolution Magazine current or remaining from an old update?

    Current.
    Showcases -> TiVolution -> Opening Night ->
    6/20 Wildfire at 5:00pm on 311 FAM (external DirecTV receiver)
    6/21 I Want to Be a Hilton at 9:00pm on local NBC station

    -Joe

Ptv Tivo