Internet ridiculously slow

_Mendezzy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
Recently I've been experiencing unbelievably slow speeds. Where at it's worst I am buffering on YouTube videos on 240p quality. It can take an absolute age to even load up my Facebook page. No viruses or anything, as I'm also experiencing slow speeds when playing on my PS4 and when on my phone. I am wired with my PS4 and Desktop and obviously wireless with my phone.

I'm with BT, and I'm supposed to be getting 6Mb/s, ranging 4Mb/s - 8Mb/s. I'm never actually disconnected from the internet. Always connected. For example, I was playing Counter-Strike and my ping was over 1000, but yet I was still in the game. Again, when playing ARMA 3, ping well over 1000 but still connected to internet. When I'm on my PS4, I don't get disconnected, but when playing FIFA, the game will crash instead of disconnecting me from the game.

There is absolutely nothing downloading or uploading. I check multiple times. It's really really starting to anger me. I've contacted BT through there online chat but they were pretty much useless. I'm afraid to go on the phone because at least I can delete what I type haha.

If anyone has experience anything similar or if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Ok, so while I was in the middle of typing all this, for the first time ever I have been disconnected from the internet.