free tivo w/service...do existing subscribers get shafted?

I just got an email from Tivo about a free box deal they have going. You
get a free 40 hour box as long as you pay 13 bucks for service for a year.
Since I already have 2 tivos, I would normally only pay ~7 bucks on a 3rd
Tivo. Is there a way to get the free tivo for $7/month?
3 answers Last reply
More about free tivo service existing subscribers shafted

    "matty-o" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I just got an email from Tivo about a free box deal they have going. You
    >get a free 40 hour box as long as you pay 13 bucks for service for a year.
    >Since I already have 2 tivos, I would normally only pay ~7 bucks on a 3rd
    >Tivo. Is there a way to get the free tivo for $7/month?

    I never got this; could you forward it to me?

    "matty-o" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

    > I just got an email from Tivo about a free box deal they have going.
    > You get a free 40 hour box as long as you pay 13 bucks for service for a
    > year. Since I already have 2 tivos, I would normally only pay ~7 bucks
    > on a 3rd Tivo. Is there a way to get the free tivo for $7/month?

    It is my understanding that TiVo is doing this by default, but if they
    happen to not do so, just declare the new freebie the 'main' TiVo at
    $12.95/month. The others will be charged the multiple discounted price.

    Really, I wish they'd just bring back the rebates. Free TiVo when you pay
    for one year of service, free two months of service when you buy a
    TiVo...sheesh. Clear as mud.

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:23:55 -0700, "eric" <eric.2@cox.net> wrote:

    >"matty-o" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>I just got an email from Tivo about a free box deal they have going. You
    >>get a free 40 hour box as long as you pay 13 bucks for service for a year.
    >>Since I already have 2 tivos, I would normally only pay ~7 bucks on a 3rd
    >>Tivo. Is there a way to get the free tivo for $7/month?
    >>

    >I never got this; could you forward it to me?

    Oops, meant to post this to a previous post, but I deleted it by
    accident:

    WRT having to pay $12.95 a month, this was in that email:

    P.S. Don't forget: As an existing subscriber, you pay just $6.95/mo.
    for TiVo service on your second, third, etc. box in the home with our
    Multi-Service Discount** ? that's nearly half the regular monthly
    price!

    -Martin O'B

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video Email