What was this game??

I've been curious as to what this game was when it played.

I found a game chip which I assume comes from a game for Atari
2600 but can't be sure. It fits perfectly in the Atari 2600 but
does not play. Just a bunch of random wavy colourful lines
shows on screen and bad audio as if it hadn't been inserted
properly. Inside the lines I can see some responce to joystick movements
as if the game is playing a little.

Printed on the (4cm x 3.5 cm) board the game chips sits on:
(C)1982, 75724, REV B. It has a disc capacitor wired to it.

And printed on the (3cm x 1.5cm) chip: (c)1982, 73982,
2332-16785, E 3982,

Do these numbers give any clues as to what it is?

--
Tony
t2k@vcn.bc.ca

    From what you've described, it sounds like you might have a PAL game which
    you are trying to use on an NTSC television. As for the numbering on the
    chip, perhaps someone can check the Digital Press Guide--the numbering
    doesn't sound like the convention used by Atari, Activision, Imagic, or
    companies I am familiar with.

    Do you have an old television that lets you adjust the horizontal/vertical
    hold? If so, you might at least be able to get a clearer image to help you
    identify the game.

    "Roy Tony" <t2k@vcn.bc.ca> wrote in message
    > I've been curious as to what this game was when it played.
    >
    > I found a game chip which I assume comes from a game for Atari
    > 2600 but can't be sure. It fits perfectly in the Atari 2600 but
    > does not play. Just a bunch of random wavy colourful lines
    > shows on screen and bad audio as if it hadn't been inserted
    > properly. Inside the lines I can see some responce to joystick movements
    > as if the game is playing a little.
    >
    > Printed on the (4cm x 3.5 cm) board the game chips sits on:
    > (C)1982, 75724, REV B. It has a disc capacitor wired to it.
    >
    > And printed on the (3cm x 1.5cm) chip: (c)1982, 73982,
    > 2332-16785, E 3982,
    >
    > Do these numbers give any clues as to what it is?
    >
    > --
    > Tony
    > t2k@vcn.bc.ca
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Android <androvich@nocomcastspam.net> wrote:
    > From what you've described, it sounds like you might have a PAL game which
    > you are trying to use on an NTSC television.

    But I play it on Atari 2600 which is working properly. Do you mean the
    game itself is PAL?

    > As for the numbering on thechip, perhaps someone can check the Digital
    > Press Guide--the numbering doesn't sound like the convention used by
    > Atari, Activision, Imagic, or companies I am familiar with.

    A website for the chips numbering would make it a lot easier. What's the
    URL for it?

    > "Roy Tony" <t2k@vcn.bc.ca> wrote in message
    >> I've been curious as to what this game was when it played.
    >>
    >> I found a game chip which I assume comes from a game for Atari
    >> 2600 but can't be sure. It fits perfectly in the Atari 2600 but
    >> does not play. Just a bunch of random wavy colourful lines
    >> shows on screen and bad audio as if it hadn't been inserted
    >> properly. Inside the lines I can see some responce to joystick movements
    >> as if the game is playing a little.
    >>
    >> Printed on the (4cm x 3.5 cm) board the game chips sits on:
    >> (C)1982, 75724, REV B. It has a disc capacitor wired to it.
    >>
    >> And printed on the (3cm x 1.5cm) chip: (c)1982, 73982,
    >> 2332-16785, E 3982,
    >>
    >> Do these numbers give any clues as to what it is?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tony
    >> t2k@vcn.bc.ca

Games Classic