What is Enhanced Content?

I was about to turn off the tv, when this message pops up saying
it needs to change the channel to receive 'TiVo Enhanced
Content'. I let it go, and it switches to some infomercial on
discovery, which I have given 3 thumbs down previously. The red
light turns on, so I investigate and it isn't recording to the
NPL. It recorded continuously across 2 different guide slots, one
of 20 mins and the second an additional 9 mins, both being pieces
of the same infomercial.

Can someone explain what it was doing?
2 answers Last reply
More about enhanced content

    <Jason> wrote in message news:0pgt915s39bhf6hl4dpts9ifivjf5e5v3o@4ax.com...
    >I was about to turn off the tv, when this message pops up saying
    > it needs to change the channel to receive 'TiVo Enhanced
    > Content'. I let it go, and it switches to some infomercial on
    > discovery, which I have given 3 thumbs down previously. The red
    > light turns on, so I investigate and it isn't recording to the
    > NPL. It recorded continuously across 2 different guide slots, one
    > of 20 mins and the second an additional 9 mins, both being pieces
    > of the same infomercial.
    >
    > Can someone explain what it was doing?

    Downloading the video found in the Gold Star menu items.

    "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > <Jason> wrote in message
    >>I was about to turn off the tv, when this message pops up saying
    >> it needs to change the channel to receive 'TiVo Enhanced
    >> Content'. I let it go, and it switches to some infomercial on
    >> discovery, which I have given 3 thumbs down previously. The red
    >> light turns on, so I investigate and it isn't recording to the
    >> NPL. It recorded continuously across 2 different guide slots, one
    >> of 20 mins and the second an additional 9 mins, both being pieces
    >> of the same infomercial.
    >>
    >> Can someone explain what it was doing?
    >
    > Downloading the video found in the Gold Star menu items.

    Usually advertising, what else would we come to expect?

Ptv Tivo Tivo