Cleaning the pads on a Pioneer 703

Hello, can someone post the instructions for cleaning the spindle pads on a
Pioneer 703 (to keep the disc from stopping at the side-flip/startup
stage)? I still have the cleaning swabs from radio shack, but i lost my
printed instructions and I'm afraid to do it without them. Thank you very
much
4 answers Last reply
More about cleaning pads pioneer 703

    1. Press Eject so the tray is out then unplug the unit.
    2. Open the unit, in the middle above the spindle motor there is a bracket
    the
    holds the top have of the clamp.
    3. Remove the 4 screws, two on each side that hold the bracket and remove
    the
    bracket and top clamp piece.
    4. You can now easily see the clamping surface on the spindle motor. The
    outer thin rubber ring is what grips the LD.
    5. Firmly hold the spindle motor so it won't turn and take Radio Shack
    Professional head cleaning solution and a cleaning stick, chamois sticks
    preferred as they can scrub good
    6. Scrub a section of the rubber surface then rotate the motor and scrub
    another, Do this until thoroughly cleaned, you are basically resurfacing the
    rubber surface so scrub HARD. Note: If the surface is bad/dryrotted it will
    flake off during this. Don't worry as this means it was not good and needed
    replaced anyway. This has only happened once in the countless players I've
    cleaned.
    7. Put it back together and test, if it still slips do it again.

    Kurtis

    "bkiddo" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, can someone post the instructions for cleaning the spindle pads on
    > Pioneer 703 (to keep the disc from stopping at the side-flip/startup
    > stage)? I still have the cleaning swabs from radio shack, but i lost my
    > printed instructions and I'm afraid to do it without them. Thank you very
    > much

    Kurtis -

    Is this applicable to the 704 as well? I assume that it is.

    "bkiddo" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, can someone post the instructions for cleaning the spindle pads on
    > Pioneer 703 (to keep the disc from stopping at the side-flip/startup
    > stage)? I still have the cleaning swabs from radio shack, but i lost my
    > printed instructions and I'm afraid to do it without them. Thank you very
    > much

    This is for the 503/703/704/79/99 which all use the same mechanics

    Kurtis

    "Kurtis Bahr" <kbahr@comcast.net> wrote in

    > 1. Press Eject so the tray is out then unplug the unit.
    > 2. Open the unit, in the middle above the spindle motor there is a
    > bracket the
    > holds the top have of the clamp.
    > 3. Remove the 4 screws, two on each side that hold the bracket and
    > remove the
    > bracket and top clamp piece.
    > 4. You can now easily see the clamping surface on the spindle motor.
    > The outer thin rubber ring is what grips the LD.
    > 5. Firmly hold the spindle motor so it won't turn and take Radio Shack
    > Professional head cleaning solution and a cleaning stick, chamois
    > sticks preferred as they can scrub good
    > 6. Scrub a section of the rubber surface then rotate the motor and
    > scrub another, Do this until thoroughly cleaned, you are basically
    > resurfacing the rubber surface so scrub HARD. Note: If the surface is
    > bad/dryrotted it will flake off during this. Don't worry as this means
    > it was not good and needed replaced anyway. This has only happened
    > once in the countless players I've cleaned.
    > 7. Put it back together and test, if it still slips do it again.
    >
    > Kurtis
    >

    > "bkiddo" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello, can someone post the instructions for cleaning the spindle
    >> pads on a
    >> Pioneer 703 (to keep the disc from stopping at the side-flip/startup
    >> stage)? I still have the cleaning swabs from radio shack, but i lost
    >> my printed instructions and I'm afraid to do it without them. Thank
    >> you very much

    Thank you very much!

Laser Disc Players Pioneer Video