DVArchive Problem

Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong when trying to install
DVArchive. I just dowloaded the Windows Installer version. It added the
start menu icons, the program file folders and files, and the icon in
Add/Remove programs, but when I try to run the program, all I get is the
conents of the .jar file. Knowing that java 1.4.2 has to be installed
and working, which it was and is, I removed java _05 and installed _08.
After rebooting, I get the same results. What's up?
1 answer Last reply
More about dvarchive problem

    mcp6453 wrote:
    > Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong when trying to install
    > DVArchive. I just dowloaded the Windows Installer version. It added the
    > start menu icons, the program file folders and files, and the icon in
    > Add/Remove programs, but when I try to run the program, all I get is the
    > conents of the .jar file. Knowing that java 1.4.2 has to be installed
    > and working, which it was and is, I removed java _05 and installed _08.
    > After rebooting, I get the same results. What's up?

    Disregard. I figured it out. .jar was associated with WinZip. I went to
    Folder | Options | File Types and changed the association back to
    default (jar executable.)

Ptv Replaytv Windows Installer