FreedomPop Brings Free Calling And Data To 4G LTE Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslot05qsljgo9ed

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
They also offer a plan for $3.99 a month that allows for either 3G or 4G connectivity. With the inclusion of 3G that plan should cover the entire US. It is just an upgrade from the FREE 500MB plan.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
There needs to be a free 2GB plan for me to be somewhat interested. One of these days, users will NEED much more than that, as new ways of using smartphones/tablets are discovered by the general population, vs just the power users.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
buyer beware of freedom pop. They added a premium tech support service ($10 a month) to my bill without me asking for it, claiming it was my responsibility to ensure my account had only services i ordered.

I ordered the lifehacker deal 4g hotspot and i had a hell of a time getting it refunded. Basically had to threaten i would go to twitter and other social media after the refused to refund for weeks.

i'm not saying they are a bad company, but i would watch my bill like a hawk.

Truckinupga

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2012
I told a friend about Freedom Pop with only seeing their advertisement and it wasn't available in our area. All I can say is, Whew! I'm glad it wasn't. I've read many Comcast like horror stories about them that makes me happy she wasn't able to sign up.

Miggi

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
Better yet, you can look over everything at check out and confirm? After ordering several devices from them before, I've noticed these services people are so surprised about are actually visible at checkout if you read through your order. Good idea to revise your order no matter what you're buying online and you'll avoid any unwanted charges ahead of time. [quote

i'm not saying they are a bad company, but i would watch my bill like a hawk.[/quote]

Miggi

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
Better yet, you can look over everything at check out and confirm? After ordering several devices from them before, I've noticed these services people are so surprised about are actually visible at checkout if you read through your order. Good idea to revise your order no matter what you're buying online and you'll avoid any unwanted charges ahead of time.

i'm not saying they are a bad company, but i would watch my bill like a hawk.

daekar

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
So... how are they making money? Or is this what services actually cost to provide and we're just getting uh... taken advantage of by other companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.