Looking for opinion on Do It Yourself PC Bundle

iceblitzed

Distinguished
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 3.6GHz Quad-Core CPU, MSI Z97 MOBO, HyperX Fury 8GB MEM, WD Blue 1TB HDD, SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB SSD, RAIDMAX Hybrid 730W PSU, AZZA CSAZ-206S Case

everything should be compatible however the raidmax psu are unreliable and can be dangerous to operate.

ToraGin

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

So I guess the next question would be is it a good enough deal to just go ahead and order and then just buy another PSU with it?

iceblitzed

Distinguished

This may seem picky but ill also say this.

the mobo is overkill because it is meant for overclocking. your cpu isnt meant for overclocking. you could save $15 or so on a h97 mobo. also msi mobos arent the most reliable compared to asrock or asus mobos.

ToraGin

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

They list a MOBO in the description at top but then don't list it in the Overview of the product. I'm not even sure what a MOBO is so not sure if I need one or one comes with this bundle.

iceblitzed

Distinguished
on overview it says 1x MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (Model:Z97 PC MATE)

a motherboard is needed since that is what you connect the processor and ram too.

TRENDING THREADS