HDTV In and Out Tivo DVR with DVD Recording?

I am a previous Tivo owner that, about a year ago, abandoned by old
Tivo because of its inability to handle High Def inputs (compositve
video and coax were the only inputs)... after frustrating myself with
the limitations of my Comcast Cable HD DVR (6 hours & horrible
interface). I am now back in the market for a Tivo DVR. I am
attracted to the DVD-R/RW feature as this will allow me to archive old
shows... and free up space. So really what I am looking for is a
cable compatible (DirecTV already has a highdef receiver - and DirecTV
is not an option) Tivo DVR, DVD-R/RW with High Def (RGB) inputs and
outputs.

Thank you for your help.
4 answers Last reply
More about hdtv tivo dvr dvd recording

    thank you.

    jeffcouch10@gmail.com writes:
    >I am a previous Tivo owner that, about a year ago, abandoned by old
    >Tivo because of its inability to handle High Def inputs (compositve
    >video and coax were the only inputs)... after frustrating myself with
    >the limitations of my Comcast Cable HD DVR (6 hours & horrible
    >interface). I am now back in the market for a Tivo DVR. I am
    >attracted to the DVD-R/RW feature as this will allow me to archive old
    >shows... and free up space. So really what I am looking for is a
    >cable compatible (DirecTV already has a highdef receiver - and DirecTV
    >is not an option) Tivo DVR, DVD-R/RW with High Def (RGB) inputs and
    >outputs.

    You'll have to wait a bit. They've announced products are being worked
    on, but the Cable-Card TiVo won't be out for some time yet.

    BTW: DVDs aren't High-Def, you'd have to step down the resolution to archive
    shows on DVD, not sure if there's enough CPU power in a set-top box to
    do transcoding like that.

    jeffcouch10@gmail.com wrote:
    > So really what I am looking for is a DVD-R/RW with High Def (RGB) inputs

    There are no devices in the consumer price range with that
    functionality. Are you willing to spend several thousand dollars for
    professional-grade equipment?
    -Joe

    not at this time.

Ptv Tivo Tivo DVR Product