What company manufactures the DIRECTV TIVO unit?

I currently have the TIVO supplied by DIRECTV sevice.
DIRECTV DVR R10
Can anybody tell me what company manufactures the unit for DIRECTV?

Thanks
Winton11
3 answers Last reply
More about company manufactures directv tivo unit

    http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/Press/PressReleases/CorporatePress/PR040512.htm

    note this sentence at end of third paragraph:
    "Thomson will be the lead supplier of DIRECTV System set-top receivers
    accounting for half of its needs."

    In article <6oqje.19256$J12.13079@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Jack Ak" <akjack@excite.com> wrote:

    > http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/Press/PressReleases/CorporatePress/PR040512.htm
    >
    > note this sentence at end of third paragraph:
    > "Thomson will be the lead supplier of DIRECTV System set-top receivers
    > accounting for half of its needs."
    >
    > "winton11" <winton11@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > I currently have the TIVO supplied by DIRECTV sevice.
    > > DIRECTV DVR R10
    > > Can anybody tell me what company manufactures the unit for DIRECTV?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Winton11

    Wrong answer. DirecTv set-top boxes are not DirecTiVo boxes.

    Only about 1/7 are TiVo boxes.

    "Jack Zwick" <jzwick4@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:jzwick4-5C66B9.13170523052005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
    > In article <6oqje.19256$J12.13079@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
    > "Jack Ak" <akjack@excite.com> wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/Press/PressReleases/CorporatePress/PR040512.htm
    > >
    > > note this sentence at end of third paragraph:
    > > "Thomson will be the lead supplier of DIRECTV System set-top receivers
    > > accounting for half of its needs."
    > >
    > > "winton11" <winton11@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > > I currently have the TIVO supplied by DIRECTV sevice.
    > > > DIRECTV DVR R10
    > > > Can anybody tell me what company manufactures the unit for DIRECTV?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Winton11
    > > >

    > Wrong answer. DirecTv set-top boxes are not DirecTiVo boxes.
    >
    > Only about 1/7 are TiVo boxes.

    A DirecTV DVR is not a DirecTV receiver?
    So who manufactures the new DirecTV R10 DVR?

    You missed this paragraph? Thomson includes the DVR as a set-top box...

    "The five-year supply agreement provides DIRECTV with an experienced partner
    for its forthcoming product and service development initiatives. Thomson will be
    involved in the technology development of new set-top box models during the contract
    period and will manufacture a full range of receivers including DIRECTV-brand high definition
    and digital video recorder (DVR) receivers, with an objective to deliver home receiving units
    that meet DIRECTV’s pricing, quality and time-to-market objectives."

    At one time, Solectron was the primary manufacturer of DirecTV DVRs, but there is no mention
    of that on the Solectron web site today. Solectron manufactured all brands of DirecTV DVR
    including the Hughes brand. http://www.solectron.com/about/company.htm
    Solectron manufactured DirecTV DVRs were assembled in Mexico.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video DVR