Tivo on new HDTV

Yesterday I bought a new DLP and with the new screen technology, it
seems to make Tivo's video compression grain more evident than on the
old tube. I already record on best quality....so does that mean there's
nothing I can do it improve the picture quality?

I know the HD tivo is out, but I have not yet converted my satellite to
HD and am not sure when I'll jump on that bandwagon. I got the tivo
mainly for next gen video game systems. I just cringe a little when I
see the video compression now... :./
1 answer Last reply
More about tivo hdtv

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:41:11 GMT, Axl <nope@noway.com> wrote:

    >Yesterday I bought a new DLP and with the new screen technology, it
    >seems to make Tivo's video compression grain more evident than on the
    >old tube. I already record on best quality....so does that mean there's
    >nothing I can do it improve the picture quality?
    >
    >I know the HD tivo is out, but I have not yet converted my satellite to
    >HD and am not sure when I'll jump on that bandwagon. I got the tivo
    >mainly for next gen video game systems. I just cringe a little when I
    >see the video compression now... :./

    Tough luck.

    Tivo is old technology.

    Sean