(gameroom update): My Colecovision gets it's own TV!!!

Well I was at a thrift store today, and I saw a Zenith SPACE COMMAND
television set. I collect this particular brand of TV, so I bought it.
It is my forth one, and I highly recommend this brand as it is a rock
solid piece of equipment.

Anyway, I tried to hook a game to it using the RF cable jack, but for
some reason it just wouldn't work :( So, I did it the old fashioned way
and connected the prongs via screws to the antenna, and it works
perfectly.

So now, my Colecovision has it's very own dedicated TV. Long live the
Colecovision.

Here is an update of my equipment thus far:

4 Zenith Space Command television sets (one running 2600, one running
intellivision II, one running a VIC-20, and one running a
Colecovision).

3 Newer 20 inch TV's (running various newer systems that use A/V
jacks..)

One Gold Star TV that I've had since the 1990's running an Atari 800 XL

One Vectrex.

One 13" TV with A/V inputs

2 PC's: one running MAME, the other running NEO RAGE.

One Apple Macintosh.

One Atari 1040 ST.
8 answers Last reply
More about gameroom update colecovision

    Where's the pics? :)

    Thanks,
    Colin

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Well I was at a thrift store today, and I saw a Zenith SPACE COMMAND
    > television set. I collect this particular brand of TV, so I bought it.
    > It is my forth one, and I highly recommend this brand as it is a rock
    > solid piece of equipment.
    >
    > Anyway, I tried to hook a game to it using the RF cable jack, but for
    > some reason it just wouldn't work :( So, I did it the old fashioned way
    > and connected the prongs via screws to the antenna, and it works
    > perfectly.
    >
    > So now, my Colecovision has it's very own dedicated TV. Long live the
    > Colecovision.
    >
    > Here is an update of my equipment thus far:
    >
    > 4 Zenith Space Command television sets (one running 2600, one running
    > intellivision II, one running a VIC-20, and one running a
    > Colecovision).
    >
    > 3 Newer 20 inch TV's (running various newer systems that use A/V
    > jacks..)
    >
    > One Gold Star TV that I've had since the 1990's running an Atari 800 XL
    >
    > One Vectrex.
    >
    > One 13" TV with A/V inputs
    >
    > 2 PC's: one running MAME, the other running NEO RAGE.
    >
    > One Apple Macintosh.
    >
    > One Atari 1040 ST.

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Eh, I keep all my stuff hooked up to a 26" Samsung HD set. Was using a
    C64 on it earlier, and it's a unique experience.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in

    > Well I was at a thrift store today, and I saw a Zenith SPACE COMMAND
    > television set. I collect this particular brand of TV, so I bought it.
    > It is my forth one, and I highly recommend this brand as it is a rock
    > solid piece of equipment.

    I find this interesting... collecting vintage TVs to use your vintage
    consoles on. Nice, and must definately add to that "living in the past"
    feel, as well as giving your gameroom a more unique touch.

    Now, me personally, I'd rather tie everything into one high-end set.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    I want one of those old TV's, like a 30", that used to come in wood type
    cabinets. Those things rock for that old school feel. I think they stopped
    making them around the late 70's.

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <linkvb06@SpammersWillBeExecuted.ptd.net> wrote in message
    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Well I was at a thrift store today, and I saw a Zenith SPACE COMMAND
    >> television set. I collect this particular brand of TV, so I bought it.
    >> It is my forth one, and I highly recommend this brand as it is a rock
    >> solid piece of equipment.
    >
    > I find this interesting... collecting vintage TVs to use your vintage
    > consoles on. Nice, and must definately add to that "living in the past"
    > feel, as well as giving your gameroom a more unique touch.
    >
    > Now, me personally, I'd rather tie everything into one high-end set.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Aaron J. Bossig
    >
    > http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    > http://www.dvdverdict.com
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    http://www.predicta.com/

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Aaron J. Bossig wrote:

    > I find this interesting... collecting vintage TVs to use your vintage
    > consoles on. Nice, and must definately add to that "living in the
    past"
    > feel, as well as giving your gameroom a more unique touch.

    Right you are.. In fact, my latest SPACE COMMAND was manufactured in
    1982.. the same year as the Colecovision, so they go together extremely
    well.

    > Now, me personally, I'd rather tie everything into one high-end set.

    I have 3 high end TV's (or at least they are new 20" TV's that have AV
    input - not expensive though :): One of them has many systems connected
    to it - I have a "switcher", so it goes like this: one slot gets the 3
    Nintendo systems, so I can just switch the plug on the systems instead
    of the AVl, Gamecube, N64, and SNES, then on the others I have the
    Atari Jaguar, Turbografx 16 (turbobooster), NES, Dreamcast). On the
    other one right beside it, interestinly enough, I have just a Genesis
    (to run side by side's with the SNES..), and the other one is set up
    atop 2 back to back bookshelves (so that I can play TEKKEN 5 while
    standing up.. it's way too awkward using while sitting down. Usually I
    prefer to be sitting down when playing games though..). Connected to
    this TV is of course the Playstation 2 as well as 3 NEO GEO systems -
    and it's really handy because they sit on the bookshelves, and the
    other side of the bookshelves are for misc console storage. The plastic
    shelves I use to hold the TEKKEN joystick are just the right height,
    and they can hold all my other bulky sticks, such as the various NEO
    GEO sticks.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Jojo wrote:
    > I want one of those old TV's, like a 30", that used to come in wood
    type
    > cabinets. Those things rock for that old school feel. I think they
    stopped
    > making them around the late 70's.

    That would rock! And they should be showing up in thrifts from time to
    time. But here's a hint: place a classified ad in the help wanted
    section of the newspaper, and believe me you will get calls. I was
    looking for a Marantz 2110 Stereophonic tuner from the 1970's... sure
    enough I got several calls, sure a few of the people were confused, but
    one guy had what I wanted, and gave it to me pretty damn cheap, too.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    They made floor model televisions into the 90's. Growing up, my parents
    bought 2 Zenith floor model televisions, the last being in 1995. I look
    back now and realize that floor models stink, having the TV in your
    normal line of sight is much better.

TV