will my 650 ti boost run a 4k monitor

Peter Anfindsen

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
will my 650 ti boost run a 4k monitor..they have come down in price..how mucb better is a 4k than my 1920 by 1080 lg....i know the tech def of it but have never seen one in person...i know i need nedd abetter card for extreme gaming but i am a casual gamer..thanks..and if you know of a cheap 4k monitor that is good leave a link

Solution
The currently priced $600 category 4K monitors run at 30Hz when at a 4K resolution. Ones that run at full 60Hz are in the thousands still and are targeted mainly towards content creators. If you are not pleased with your current monitor then get one with a higher quality panel. You could opt for a gray market Korean 1440p monitor or something. Honestly the panel technology just isn't quite there yet and I'd hold off on it for now. And from prior knowledge the 650 Ti boost can only run a resolution up to 2560x1600.

dovah-chan

Honorable
The currently priced $600 category 4K monitors run at 30Hz when at a 4K resolution. Ones that run at full 60Hz are in the thousands still and are targeted mainly towards content creators. If you are not pleased with your current monitor then get one with a higher quality panel. You could opt for a gray market Korean 1440p monitor or something. Honestly the panel technology just isn't quite there yet and I'd hold off on it for now. And from prior knowledge the 650 Ti boost can only run a resolution up to 2560x1600.

Solution