LNB Type: (Single/Universal/OCS)
LNB Freq: A frequency is preprogrammed in the software. Do I
change it to "Quick Installation" instructions
#1-10750 and #2-11250?
22kHz: (manual says set path of 0/22kHz switch box) I don't
know if I have one.
DiSEqC switch: Select box type (OFF/1.0/1.1)
2. What values do I enter when programming the Motorized Settings:
DiSEqC Motor: (OFF/1.2/USALS)

d) The system boots to Telstar 12. The rotor moved the dish as far
East as it will go then I lost the menu picture and the screen began
to pulse. How can I get control of the rotor again? .. and prevent
this from happening in the future?

The online company I bought the system from will only offer
"links" that do not address my questions - so, I certainly appreciate
your experience and help.
2 answers Last reply
More about setting fta system
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Al Vanik wrote:
    > I bought a FTA system - Coolsat 4000pro, Pansat 900S rotor, Fortec
    > Star dish. The instructions are confusing to me.
    > a) The LNB has two ports. Which one do I hook up to the rotor? Niether
    > is noted as #1 or #2.

    Most likely, the ports are symmetric. In other words, it doesn't matter.

    > b) This system came with a 4 LNB DiSEqC switch. Where do I hook it up
    > in the signal path? There is a DiSEqC symbol/logo above #4. The others
    > are covered but I certainly can remove the caps.

    You don't need the switch. Leave it out.

    > c) Each satellite has several options, . .
    > 1. What values do I enter when programming the Dish Settings:
    > LNB Power: (ON/OFF/13V/18V)

    Should just be "on".

    > LNB Type: (Single/Universal/OCS)

    Probably "single". Don't know what OCS is.

    > LNB Freq: A frequency is preprogrammed in the software. Do I
    > change it to "Quick Installation" instructions
    > #1-10750 and #2-11250?

    For Ku FSS, use 1. For DBS, use 2. In other words, use 1.

    > 22kHz: (manual says set path of 0/22kHz switch box) I don't
    > know if I have one.

    Used only for 22Khz switch or for Universal LNBF. Most likely you have
    a regular LNBF and not a Universal one.

    > DiSEqC switch: Select box type (OFF/1.0/1.1)

    OFF.

    > 2. What values do I enter when programming the Motorized Settings:
    > DiSEqC Motor: (OFF/1.2/USALS)

    Seems to be 1.2.

    > d) The system boots to Telstar 12. The rotor moved the dish as far
    > East as it will go then I lost the menu picture and the screen began
    > to pulse. How can I get control of the rotor again? .. and prevent
    > this from happening in the future?

    Don't know.

    > The online company I bought the system from will only offer
    > "links" that do not address my questions - so, I certainly appreciate
    > your experience and help.

    Perhaps try www.sadoun.com.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Thank you - very good help. Last night, I switched the wire running
    from the rotor to the LNB to the other port and checked the coax
    connections. Whichever it was - the port or the coax connections - I
    now have control of the rotor again.

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:52:04 -0700, Zoyburg <rats@attib.com> wrote:

    >Al Vanik wrote:
    >> I bought a FTA system - Coolsat 4000pro, Pansat 900S rotor, Fortec
    >> Star dish. The instructions are confusing to me.
    >> a) The LNB has two ports. Which one do I hook up to the rotor? Niether
    >> is noted as #1 or #2.
    >
    >Most likely, the ports are symmetric. In other words, it doesn't matter.
    >
    >> b) This system came with a 4 LNB DiSEqC switch. Where do I hook it up
    >> in the signal path? There is a DiSEqC symbol/logo above #4. The others
    >> are covered but I certainly can remove the caps.
    >
    >You don't need the switch. Leave it out.
    >
    >> c) Each satellite has several options, . .
    >> 1. What values do I enter when programming the Dish Settings:
    >> LNB Power: (ON/OFF/13V/18V)
    >
    >Should just be "on".
    >
    >> LNB Type: (Single/Universal/OCS)
    >
    >Probably "single". Don't know what OCS is.
    >
    >> LNB Freq: A frequency is preprogrammed in the software. Do I
    >> change it to "Quick Installation" instructions
    >> #1-10750 and #2-11250?
    >
    >For Ku FSS, use 1. For DBS, use 2. In other words, use 1.
    >
    >> 22kHz: (manual says set path of 0/22kHz switch box) I don't
    >> know if I have one.
    >
    >Used only for 22Khz switch or for Universal LNBF. Most likely you have
    >a regular LNBF and not a Universal one.
    >
    >> DiSEqC switch: Select box type (OFF/1.0/1.1)
    >
    >OFF.
    >
    >> 2. What values do I enter when programming the Motorized Settings:
    >> DiSEqC Motor: (OFF/1.2/USALS)
    >
    >Seems to be 1.2.
    >

    >> d) The system boots to Telstar 12. The rotor moved the dish as far
    >> East as it will go then I lost the menu picture and the screen began
    >> to pulse. How can I get control of the rotor again? .. and prevent
    >> this from happening in the future?
    >
    >Don't know.
    >
    >> The online company I bought the system from will only offer
    >> "links" that do not address my questions - so, I certainly appreciate
    >> your experience and help.
    >
    >Perhaps try www.sadoun.com.

MPEG DVB