Should I put in another fan?

DBHAMitch

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hey there, I've got the Chaser MK-I thermaltake case, I'm using the stock fans right now, and my rig is currently using AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor on a Asus Crosshair V formula-z mobo, with a Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti, With a Corsair AX850 PSU. I decided to monitor my GPU temp while playing some of my Games (ESO on max, borderlands 2, civ 5 ) and I noticed the temperature goes up to about 72 c or up to 75 c My main question is, should I get a side fan? Is this running a bit warm? I also read the article on proper air flow, and Negative pressure, will having two intake and two exhaust change that much? Does anyone know the CFM of the stock fans in that case? Does it matter?

Also a side question, is my PSU good enough to SLI a second 780 Ti?

You should change your stock cpu fan for sure. Something like an Evo 212 even that can push the air out towards the rear of the case and rear exhaust fan rather than the stock fan that sort of blows it around the case and that is going to heat up your gpu, ram, hd, etc.

DBHAMitch

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
They got back to me with the CFM the rear fan in the case is 50 CFM and the front and top are 129.6 CFM, so I think I might do as you suggested and replace my CPU fan, as well as replace the rear exhaust, and add a side intake. I'll most likely want the side intake when I SLI my 780 Ti anyways.