network transfring???

I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??

THanks in advance
11 answers Last reply
More about network transfring

    In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>, John Gardner wrote:
    > I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
    > slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??

    That's to be expected - your situation isn't abnormal.

    The best alternative to speed things up is to hack your TiVo so you can
    copy shows off unencrypted (the encryption is what really slows down the
    transfer of shows off the TiVo).

    "John Gardner" <jfgardner@cox.net> wrote:

    > I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
    > slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??
    >

    > THanks in advance

    Need more information on what you're transferring with what equipment.

    On 2005-04-16 18:48:25 -0400, "John Gardner" <jfgardner@cox.net> said:

    > I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home.
    > It is slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on
    > this??
    >

    > THanks in advance

    I have my Tivo on a wireless network and it is very fast. Maybe it is
    your wireless router

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:55:36 -0000, Mike Hunt wrote:

    > In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>, John Gardner wrote:
    >> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
    >> slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??
    >
    > That's to be expected - your situation isn't abnormal.
    >
    > The best alternative to speed things up is to hack your TiVo so you can
    > copy shows off unencrypted (the encryption is what really slows down the
    > transfer of shows off the TiVo).

    Are there any hacks for the Series 2 Tivo's?
    The ones I find are for Series 1.

    URLs would be appreciated!

    * Sensor Man Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:55:36 -0000, Mike Hunt wrote:
    >
    >> In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>, John Gardner wrote:
    >>> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at
    >>> home. It is slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go
    >>> for help on this??
    >>
    >> That's to be expected - your situation isn't abnormal.
    >>
    >> The best alternative to speed things up is to hack your TiVo so
    >> you can copy shows off unencrypted (the encryption is what really
    >> slows down the transfer of shows off the TiVo).
    >
    > Are there any hacks for the Series 2 Tivo's?
    > The ones I find are for Series 1.
    >
    > URLs would be appreciated!

    Plenty for Series 2 AND Dtivos.

    http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoHackingLinks

    --
    David

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:58:38 GMT, SINNER wrote:

    >> Are there any hacks for the Series 2 Tivo's?
    >> The ones I find are for Series 1.
    >>
    >> URLs would be appreciated!
    >>

    > Plenty for Series 2 AND Dtivos.
    >
    > http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoHackingLinks

    Thanks!

    Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
    'very fast' ?

    thanx!

    jeff

    jeff wrote:
    > Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
    > 'very fast' ?
    >
    > thanx!

    I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
    DirecTivo.

    jeff wrote:
    > Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
    > 'very fast' ?
    >
    > thanx!

    I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
    DirecTivo.

    2 meg is nothing to sneeze at.... not to bad really. Thats alot faster
    than most downloads off of the net.

    On 27 Apr 2005 16:56:20 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:

    >jeff wrote:
    >> Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
    >> 'very fast' ?
    >>
    >> thanx!
    >>

    >I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
    >DirecTivo.

    Well I can do about 6-8 mbps depending on if its hardwired, or a
    wireless (b) connection, and that seems painfully slow to me.. and
    ya.. I freely admit to being spoiled! :)

    Interesting side note.. I tried out a g adapter (Netgear WG111) on
    both my series 2 tivos and it cut me back to less than 2 mbps... I get
    around 6 with a linksys wusb-12 b adapter. Strange... but true!

    jeff

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 05:00:25 GMT, dont@know.com wrote:

    >2 meg is nothing to sneeze at.... not to bad really. Thats alot faster
    >than most downloads off of the net.
    >
    >On 27 Apr 2005 16:56:20 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
    >

    >>jeff wrote:
    >>> Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
    >>> 'very fast' ?
    >>>
    >>> thanx!
    >>>

    >>I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
    >>DirecTivo.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Wireless Network Video