Replay control of H10.. Ir code ??

I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get this
to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about replay control h10 code

    Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:

    > I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
    > serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
    > this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks

    Are you sure you've got the right type of serial cable? There's regular
    and Null Modem. If you can test continuity, make sure that pin 2 on the
    connector at one end connects to pin 3 on the connector at the other end.

    --
    Jeff

    NOTE: Remove underscores from my e-mail address to reply personally.

    Rory Orkin wrote:
    > I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
    > serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get this
    > to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks

    What model H10? The -200 and -300 are not compatible. There are many
    threads on this on the avsforum.com.

    Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

    > Rory Orkin wrote:
    >> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
    >> serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
    >> this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
    >
    > What model H10? The -200 and -300 are not compatible. There are many
    > threads on this on the avsforum.com.

    It is the 200... I have not found a thread that resolves the issue which is
    why I posted here.. IF you can direct me to a thread that does I would
    appreciate it

    Jeff Lindstrom <j_r_lind@adelphia.net> wrote in

    > Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
    >> serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
    >> this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
    >
    > Are you sure you've got the right type of serial cable? There's
    > regular
    > and Null Modem. If you can test continuity, make sure that pin 2 on
    > the connector at one end connects to pin 3 on the connector at the
    > other end.

    It is the same serial cable that works with my standard def rca receiver

    Rory Orkin wrote:
    > Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in
    >

    >>Rory Orkin wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
    >>>serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
    >>>this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
    >>
    >>What model H10? The -200 and -300 are not compatible. There are many
    >>threads on this on the avsforum.com.
    >>

    > It is the 200... I have not found a thread that resolves the issue which is
    > why I posted here.. IF you can direct me to a thread that does I would
    > appreciate it

    Like I said, they don't work. You get rid of the D10 and get older units
    or Hughes. Direct gives credits toward buying your own when you send
    those back.

    Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:

    > Jeff Lindstrom <j_r_lind@adelphia.net> wrote in
    >
    >> Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
    >>> serial setting or ir code seems to work..

    >> Are you sure you've got the right type of serial cable? There's
    >> regular
    >> and Null Modem. If you can test continuity, make sure that pin 2 on
    >> the connector at one end connects to pin 3 on the connector at the
    >> other end.

    > It is the same serial cable that works with my standard def rca receiver

    Well, all right, then. Good to know (finally).

    If the cable you have works with another box but not this one, then I
    would check the box (or the pins on the cable connector to make sure
    they're not bent or broken).

    --
    Jeff

    NOTE: Remove underscores from my e-mail address to reply personally.

Ptv Replaytv Video ReplayTV