Motorola's IPG problem

Does anyone have noticed Motorola's IPG problem this week? All it says when
I pressed the INFO button on the remote, it says: "Program Information not
available", I have my 4DTV receiver to allow 2:00 AM updates every night. Is
there a problem with my DSR922 receiver or is there a problem at Motorola's
database? I hope there is a solution to the problem.
4 answers Last reply
More about motorola ipg problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Your receiver probably lost authorization for the IPG. You need to call your provider.

    Be certain that they check the IPG authorization, it is not the same as authorization
    for programming.

    "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    | Does anyone have noticed Motorola's IPG problem this week? All it says when
    | I pressed the INFO button on the remote, it says: "Program Information not
    | available", I have my 4DTV receiver to allow 2:00 AM updates every night. Is
    | there a problem with my DSR922 receiver or is there a problem at Motorola's
    | database? I hope there is a solution to the problem.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I tried and disconnect the power to the receiver for 20 seconds then put the
    plug back into the power outlet, left the receiver on to reboot. Left it on
    G0-07 and leave it alone for 30 minutes. Then, I pressed the GUIDE button on
    the remote and it worked! I now getting the IPG without calling my provider
    for authorization.

    "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote in message
    > Your receiver probably lost authorization for the IPG. You need to call
    your provider.

    > Be certain that they check the IPG authorization, it is not the same as
    authorization
    > for programming.
    >

    > "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > | Does anyone have noticed Motorola's IPG problem this week? All it says
    when
    > | I pressed the INFO button on the remote, it says: "Program Information
    not
    > | available", I have my 4DTV receiver to allow 2:00 AM updates every
    night. Is
    > | there a problem with my DSR922 receiver or is there a problem at
    Motorola's
    > | database? I hope there is a solution to the problem.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Ron Purdue wrote:

    > Does anyone have noticed Motorola's IPG problem this week? All it says when
    > I pressed the INFO button on the remote, it says: "Program Information not
    > available", I have my 4DTV receiver to allow 2:00 AM updates every night. Is
    > there a problem with my DSR922 receiver or is there a problem at Motorola's
    > database? I hope there is a solution to the problem.

    Sounds like you may need to do a "soft" reboot. (This seems to be
    nessessary every few months).

    1. While the unit is "ON", pull the power plug from the wall socket.

    2. Wait approximately 1 minute, then plug it back in.

    3. You will see the "warmup" sign for about a minute, and then it will
    spring back to life.

    4. After unit is back on, hit the guide button and if you are not on
    GO-7, it will tell you to go there, or go there for you if you push the
    button. It takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to get the guide
    downloaded, and then it should automatically go back to the program you
    left.
    Hope this helps
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    where can I get into this open forum?
    reply to : maniacmechanic01@no.spam.yahoo.com

    remove the nospam...
    thanks
    > I tried and disconnect the power to the receiver for 20 seconds then put
    the
    > plug back into the power outlet, left the receiver on to reboot. Left it
    on
    > G0-07 and leave it alone for 30 minutes. Then, I pressed the GUIDE button
    on
    > the remote and it worked! I now getting the IPG without calling my
    provider
    > for authorization.
    >
    > "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote in message
    > > Your receiver probably lost authorization for the IPG. You need to call
    > your provider.
    > >
    > > Be certain that they check the IPG authorization, it is not the same as
    > authorization
    > > for programming.
    > >

    > > "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > > | Does anyone have noticed Motorola's IPG problem this week? All it says
    > when
    > > | I pressed the INFO button on the remote, it says: "Program Information
    > not
    > > | available", I have my 4DTV receiver to allow 2:00 AM updates every
    > night. Is
    > > | there a problem with my DSR922 receiver or is there a problem at
    > Motorola's
    > > | database? I hope there is a solution to the problem.

4DTV Satellite Motorola Video Database