Whats the most scary game you ever played, Personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAD

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
So I'm fascinated with the idea of fear, It's interesting to see how the brain reacts in diffrent ways to diffrent things. Anyway, I'm wondering what's the scriest game you played; Can be everything from Ocarena of time with it's spider levels to silent hill. Personaly I think that the spiders in skyrim are really scary, probably just me. Anyway, what games sets your teeth on edge?

I have played Dead Space 1 and 2. It didn't scare me. It was a good game though. And DS1 had a broken VSync which made the mouse sensitivity broken. You had to lock the FPS to 30 externally

Vynavill

Honorable
Guess I should try amnesia or outlast...no game, at least until now, scared me :p.
Dead space? I laughed at the "needle" parts.
Resident Evil/Silent Hill? The ones I played were more frustrating than scary...
Can't recall anything else ATM.

Yes most developers make frustrating controls to make it look like a horror game. The game itself isn't scary at all. Amnesia The Dark Descent doesn't have that problem since its an FPS with 100% player and camera control and zero QTEs

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Like everyone else said in their posts, amnesia the dark descent is the only game that scared me most. Dead space didn't scare me and it was only scary to some gamers because it relied too much on jump scares. Resident evil isn't scary at all, it is more of an action zombie shooter than a survival horror game, especially the latest game in the series. Silent hill games,however,are a totally different story,they are more disturbing than scary. I didn't find silent hill monsters to be scary but the atmosphere and the storyline was disturbing like hell, even more disturbing than amnesia. The reason why I found amnesia to be scarier than the rest of the survival horror games is because it gives you no firearms, no ammo, no melee weapons. They just give you an insanity meter which makes the game even creepier and you have to hide from every monster you encounter in the game instead of fighting them. It is like the game doesn't want you to face your own fears like most of the survival horror games do. I still haven't played outlast though.

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
I found Silent Hill 1/2 both to be genuinely creepy and frightening. Maybe it was the particular time in my life, but no games since have really captured that feeling again until Amnesia. Eternal Darkness came close too.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
i like FEAR game so ended up buying all of them ! due that likeness i never really felt scared with it. generally i do like to play this so called scary games. so ended up playing games like DOOM3, Dead space franchise ,FEAR franchise & Resident evil franchise. so in strict terms of a game scarring me... well im yet to experience it.. xD ( i have plenty of movies that scared me but that is not relevant here)

DyO152

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Cry of fear: the zombies are scary asshit, and the fact that you can have a flashlight on without any weapons......

Techy Nicky

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
Scariest games i have played were Fear and Dead Space. Please play them in the dark and with your speakers turned up, lol............. I have heard Amnesia was scary, oh and Outlast. Trailers and walkthroughs looked scary as well. Or try a zombie game like Dead Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.