Traveling with Tivo

Is it possible to travel "RV" with DVR and or TIVO. I have both and have
done the initial setup thru the phone.
So will the box work for a while.

Has anybody really tried it for real..

Sincerely
3 answers Last reply
More about traveling tivo

    I think more information is needed. If you are picking up broadcast
    stations and travel outside of the region you selected during the initial
    setup, then your Tivo will only be good for playing programs that were
    already recorded. If you have a dish on your RV, then the initial setup
    would apply to a large area where you could potentially travel and your
    guide information would still be valid.. If you have telephone or internet
    connectivity then you could specify a new location in the Tivo configuration
    so that it could get the new guide information to correctly record shows.

    "chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to travel "RV" with DVR and or TIVO. I have both and have
    > done the initial setup thru the phone.
    > So will the box work for a while.
    >
    > Has anybody really tried it for real..
    >
    > Sincerely

    You can record time and channel any place that you get a signal. You could
    buy a local newspaper ( or use the net ) and get that info.

    If you need TIVO to select the programs, then you will have to dial-up and
    re-set it for the new location everyplace you go. I move back and forth
    across the country for summer, and I just re-set my box when I get to the
    new location for that area.
    --
    RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
    http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

    "chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to travel "RV" with DVR and or TIVO. I have both and have
    > done the initial setup thru the phone.
    > So will the box work for a while.
    >
    > Has anybody really tried it for real..
    >
    > Sincerely

    > Is it possible to travel "RV" with DVR and or TIVO. I have both and have
    > done the initial setup thru the phone.
    > So will the box work for a while.

    A DirecTV unit would work fine. A standalone Tivo would be more work. That
    is, if you expect to use the Tivo to record over-the-air local stations then
    you'd need to tell the Tivo to reload it's channel lineup all the time.
    Either that or look 'em up the old fashioned way and do manual recordings.

    Me, I'd go with the DirecTV setup. That way as long as you can line up the
    dish to the right satellites you're good to go. Over a reasonably wide area
    you get all the signals. The nationals of course but a good bit of the
    locals. I don't know exactly how wide an area is covered for locals though.
    So if you wanted to roam "everywhere" and still get locals it might be a bit
    of an issue but not having done it can't say how much.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video DVR