HD Tivo crashing?

Every now and then my HD Tivo crashes. When I turn on the television, there
is a static screen. The HD Tivo's 1080i light is illuminated as normal, the
unit's record light is illuminated, but the unit won't respond to any remote
or front panel commands. The only way to restore service is to pull the plug
and plug it back in. I have the most recent software. I'm connected via
HDMI, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Dave
2 answers Last reply
More about tivo crashing

    In article <BE8F0EE2.6D1F6%dave@etexaslawyers.com>,
    David Leon <dave@etexaslawyers.com> wrote:

    > Every now and then my HD Tivo crashes. When I turn on the television, there
    > is a static screen. The HD Tivo's 1080i light is illuminated as normal, the
    > unit's record light is illuminated, but the unit won't respond to any remote
    > or front panel commands. The only way to restore service is to pull the plug
    > and plug it back in. I have the most recent software. I'm connected via
    > HDMI, if that makes a difference.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what's going on?
    >
    > Dave

    Where is the unit located? Could it be overheating?

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 01:28:20 GMT, David Leon <dave@etexaslawyers.com>
    wrote:

    >Every now and then my HD Tivo crashes. When I turn on the television, there
    >is a static screen. The HD Tivo's 1080i light is illuminated as normal, the
    >unit's record light is illuminated, but the unit won't respond to any remote
    >or front panel commands. The only way to restore service is to pull the plug
    >and plug it back in. I have the most recent software. I'm connected via
    >HDMI, if that makes a difference.
    >
    >Any ideas as to what's going on?
    >
    >Dave

    HD Tivo is a pice of junk. Lots of problems. Here is a link for HDMI
    issues.

    Sean

Ptv Tivo Tivo HD