Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about problem season pass

    On 2005-04-22, PTravel <ptravel@ruyitang.com> wrote:
    > I've got a season pass for ER on my DirecTivo Series 1 -- it's set to
    > record new episodes, only. Last night was a new episode, but it didn't
    > record. I can't figure out what happened -- I noticed it only after the
    > show started, so I couldn't check the ToDo list. It does appear in the list
    > for future new episodes. The program description indicated that it was a
    > new episode.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    My best guess is this show guide information doesn't contain an 'Original
    Air Date' tag so TiVo didn't know what to do. It would appear that TiVo
    assumes all shows are re-runs if there is no 'Original Air Date' flag.

    I wonder how often that assumption is correct vs. incorrect. I would
    consider this a bug in the scheduler; I would think it better to record
    unknown re-runs than to potentially miss real new-runs.

    > My best guess is this show guide information doesn't contain an 'Original
    > Air Date' tag so TiVo didn't know what to do. It would appear that TiVo
    > assumes all shows are re-runs if there is no 'Original Air Date' flag.

    That is what happened. I noticed that my DirecTiVo wasn't set to record ER
    even after I saw an ad showing a new episode coming up. So I checked the
    program info and there was no air date listed. Luckily, it was before 10,
    so I was able to add it to the list in time.

    "Mike Hunt" <in2sheep@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On 2005-04-22, PTravel <ptravel@ruyitang.com> wrote:
    > > I've got a season pass for ER on my DirecTivo Series 1 -- it's set to
    > > record new episodes, only. Last night was a new episode, but it didn't
    > > record. I can't figure out what happened -- I noticed it only after the
    > > show started, so I couldn't check the ToDo list. It does appear in the
    list
    > > for future new episodes. The program description indicated that it was
    > > new episode.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    >
    > My best guess is this show guide information doesn't contain an 'Original
    > Air Date' tag so TiVo didn't know what to do. It would appear that TiVo
    > assumes all shows are re-runs if there is no 'Original Air Date' flag.
    >
    > I wonder how often that assumption is correct vs. incorrect. I would
    > consider this a bug in the scheduler; I would think it better to record
    > unknown re-runs than to potentially miss real new-runs.

    It's no doubt due to NBC's screwing around with the start times. I
    specifically don't bother to watch the programs that do this. I'll wait for
    them in reruns on a different network instead of putting up with their
    advertising-driven abuse.

    PTravel wrote:
    > it didn't record. I can't figure out what happened
    > Any ideas?

    Have you tried asking your TiVo why it did what it did?

    DirecTV/TiVo button -> 2 -> Select = View Recording History.

    -Joe

    In article <G9CdnSJnV69bKPbfRVn-1w@speakeasy.net>,
    "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > It's no doubt due to NBC's screwing around with the start times. I
    > specifically don't bother to watch the programs that do this. I'll wait for
    > them in reruns on a different network instead of putting up with their
    > advertising-driven abuse.

    Some programs are edited to make them shorter to allow for more
    commercials when in reruns.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video