Moving Directv Tivo

I need some advice from the group. I lost my job last month and I'm
gonna have to tighten up some things. I'm going to cancel some
services and move back in with Mom.
I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
Directv, all of the hardware is in place.
Good idea? Stupid idea? Pitfalls? Or should I just cancel it and
pick it back up at Moms after I find another job?

Thanks.
Mark P.

rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....
6 answers Last reply
More about moving directv tivo

    > I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
    > moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
    > and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
    > Directv, all of the hardware is in place.

    I'm not positive, but you might have to sign a one-year contract when you
    move. Check the website for details.

    "Mark P." <mmmm@00000.net> wrote in message
    > I need some advice from the group. I lost my job last month and I'm
    > gonna have to tighten up some things. I'm going to cancel some
    > services and move back in with Mom.
    > I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
    > moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
    > and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
    > Directv, all of the hardware is in place.
    > Good idea? Stupid idea? Pitfalls? Or should I just cancel it and
    > pick it back up at Moms after I find another job?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Mark P.
    >
    > rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....

    "Mark P." <mmmm@00000.net> wrote in message news:426457fc.467249919@news.verizon.net...
    > I need some advice from the group. I lost my job last month and I'm
    > gonna have to tighten up some things. I'm going to cancel some
    > services and move back in with Mom.
    > I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
    > moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
    > and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
    > Directv, all of the hardware is in place.
    > Good idea? Stupid idea? Pitfalls? Or should I just cancel it and
    > pick it back up at Moms after I find another job?

    The DirecTV move program for a free dish and installation requires
    a one year service commitment.

    "Mark P." <mmmm@00000.net> wrote in message
    >I need some advice from the group. I lost my job last month and I'm
    > gonna have to tighten up some things. I'm going to cancel some
    > services and move back in with Mom.
    > I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
    > moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
    > and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
    > Directv, all of the hardware is in place.
    > Good idea? Stupid idea? Pitfalls? Or should I just cancel it and
    > pick it back up at Moms after I find another job?

    If I remember correctly, when you take the free move, you also start a 12
    month contract. Otherwise, where's DirecTV's incentive to pay an installer
    to come out and install/provide free equipment?

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:15:46 GMT, "Seth"
    <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> touched these keys:

    >"Mark P." <mmmm@00000.net> wrote in message
    >>I need some advice from the group. I lost my job last month and I'm
    >> gonna have to tighten up some things. I'm going to cancel some
    >> services and move back in with Mom.
    >> I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
    >> moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
    >> and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
    >> Directv, all of the hardware is in place.
    >> Good idea? Stupid idea? Pitfalls? Or should I just cancel it and
    >> pick it back up at Moms after I find another job?
    >
    >If I remember correctly, when you take the free move, you also start a 12
    >month contract. Otherwise, where's DirecTV's incentive to pay an installer
    >to come out and install/provide free equipment?

    OK, Thanks guys. I'll just have to cancel. When I tried to cancel
    XM Radio they gave me three months free. I guess I'll join the
    "churn".

    Mark P.

    rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....

    > OK, Thanks guys. I'll just have to cancel. When I tried to cancel
    > XM Radio they gave me three months free. I guess I'll join the
    > "churn".
    >
    > Mark P.
    >
    > rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....

    Well, good luck on "improving" the overall situation, anyway!

    Randy S.

    "Mark P." <mmmm@00000.net> wrote in message
    >I need some advice from the group. I lost my job last month and I'm
    > gonna have to tighten up some things. I'm going to cancel some
    > services and move back in with Mom.
    > I was thinking of just canceling Directv but heard about thier
    > moving deal. I got to thinking that I should get the free move deal
    > and then cancel. That way when I do find a job and want to restart
    > Directv, all of the hardware is in place.
    > Good idea? Stupid idea? Pitfalls? Or should I just cancel it and
    > pick it back up at Moms after I find another job?

    If I remember correctly, when you take the free move, you also start a 12
    month contract. Otherwise, where's DirecTV's incentive to pay an installer
    to come out and install/provide free equipment?

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video