feed settings for 920 receiver

Thanks Valdivar for reminding me to check settings.

I have a universal sero motor on a simple normal C band feed. What would be
the settings in the menu? I think I tried them all....also I reconnected my
Toshiba trx 120 and the v/h changes perfectly. In the trx receiver you can
change polarity in the menu, I can't seemed to find any set-up in the 920 to
manually change the polarity. I understand the receiver selects based on
the satellite, is this correct? It allows for adjustment but not a change.
My wiring should be ok as I had both receivers side by side and just made
the transfer, three wires, 5v, pulse, grd.
The Toshiba has 100 on all transponders, the 920 best is 90 on c band.I
haven't even considered digital. My provider said to go to G1 3 for the hit.
can't get odd transponders so I did not take the hit.
Any comments /help would be appreciated as my wife feels I may have just
bought a problem from someone else. I don't think so...the hardware is
in excellent condition with all manuals, but I did notice all the
favourites where only on G5. The manuals were never opened.
4 answers Last reply
More about feed settings 920 receiver
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Further to my posting.. checking the manual it says " if your LNB was
    installed 90 degrees out of phase- affecting the normal/ reverse settings
    and scrambling the picture -- refer to your dish installation etc etc".Well
    what the H does that mean? My lnb about 8 years old and works just fine with
    my Toshiba receiver. I assume as the settings are made on the 920 by
    satellite the lnb must be installed to match the something....or another.
    My Toshiba receiver for G5 24 shows V and G 23 shows H.
    Can some one till my what a 920 shows for these transponders on G5 ? If
    there not the same.... Houston I have.......
    "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Valdivar for reminding me to check settings.
    >
    > I have a universal sero motor on a simple normal C band feed. What would
    be
    > the settings in the menu? I think I tried them all....also I reconnected
    my
    > Toshiba trx 120 and the v/h changes perfectly. In the trx receiver you can
    > change polarity in the menu, I can't seemed to find any set-up in the 920
    > manually change the polarity. I understand the receiver selects based on
    > the satellite, is this correct? It allows for adjustment but not a change.
    > My wiring should be ok as I had both receivers side by side and just made
    > the transfer, three wires, 5v, pulse, grd.
    > The Toshiba has 100 on all transponders, the 920 best is 90 on c band.I
    > haven't even considered digital. My provider said to go to G1 3 for the
    hit.
    > can't get odd transponders so I did not take the hit.
    > Any comments /help would be appreciated as my wife feels I may have just
    > bought a problem from someone else. I don't think so...the hardware is
    > in excellent condition with all manuals, but I did notice all the
    > favourites where only on G5. The manuals were never opened.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Sorry to say your explanations are a bit confusing,so I'll say this:

    You have :

    DSR-920
    Single C band feed with 1 LNB
    servo motor

    *correct?

    Your settings in the 920 should be:

    C band feed, polarization: servo motor

    *the c band line should be connected where it says "C band LNB"

    *what's all this stuff about V and H?What's all this about "90 deg. out of
    phase?"That's only for an lnbf!

    I don't have a 920;I have a 922,but the inputs and menus should be close to
    the same.

    check here for photos:

    www.bigdish.info

    From your post it sounds like you may have your dish settings wrong and also
    maybe you have your c band line hooked up to the wrong coax connector?

    If you have the wrong feed and wrong polarization settings that would
    explain why you are not getting some channels.The setting for lnbfs sends a
    voltage of -90 deg and + 90 to the lnbf to control polarity,whereas,you need
    to set it as "servo."

    "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Valdivar for reminding me to check settings.
    >
    > I have a universal sero motor on a simple normal C band feed. What would
    > be
    > the settings in the menu? I think I tried them all....also I reconnected
    > my
    > Toshiba trx 120 and the v/h changes perfectly. In the trx receiver you can
    > change polarity in the menu, I can't seemed to find any set-up in the 920
    > manually change the polarity. I understand the receiver selects based on
    > the satellite, is this correct? It allows for adjustment but not a change.
    > My wiring should be ok as I had both receivers side by side and just made
    > the transfer, three wires, 5v, pulse, grd.
    > The Toshiba has 100 on all transponders, the 920 best is 90 on c band.I
    > haven't even considered digital. My provider said to go to G1 3 for the
    > hit.
    > can't get odd transponders so I did not take the hit.
    > Any comments /help would be appreciated as my wife feels I may have just
    > bought a problem from someone else. I don't think so...the hardware is
    > in excellent condition with all manuals, but I did notice all the
    > favourites where only on G5. The manuals were never opened.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Thanks for your replies. I called Skyvision Tech group and they walked me
    threw right from the start to finish. Wiring and all the settings. The
    results were not good.
    I have a failure in the polarity circuit board of the receiver. This was
    proven as my old C ban receiver located all the transponders.I just bought
    some ones problem. The risks of buying on Ebay! I'll just say good bye to
    4dtv . eader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry to say your explanations are a bit confusing,so I'll say this:
    >

    > You have :
    >
    > DSR-920
    > Single C band feed with 1 LNB
    > servo motor
    >
    > *correct?
    >
    > Your settings in the 920 should be:
    >
    > C band feed, polarization: servo motor
    >
    > *the c band line should be connected where it says "C band LNB"
    >
    > *what's all this stuff about V and H?What's all this about "90 deg. out of
    > phase?"That's only for an lnbf!
    >
    > I don't have a 920;I have a 922,but the inputs and menus should be close
    > the same.
    >
    > check here for photos:
    >
    > www.bigdish.info
    >
    > From your post it sounds like you may have your dish settings wrong and
    also
    > maybe you have your c band line hooked up to the wrong coax connector?
    >
    > If you have the wrong feed and wrong polarization settings that would
    > explain why you are not getting some channels.The setting for lnbfs sends
    > voltage of -90 deg and + 90 to the lnbf to control polarity,whereas,you
    need
    > to set it as "servo."
    >

    > "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Valdivar for reminding me to check settings.
    > >
    > > I have a universal sero motor on a simple normal C band feed. What would
    > > be
    > > the settings in the menu? I think I tried them all....also I reconnected
    > > my
    > > Toshiba trx 120 and the v/h changes perfectly. In the trx receiver you
    can
    > > change polarity in the menu, I can't seemed to find any set-up in the
    920
    > > manually change the polarity. I understand the receiver selects based
    on
    > > the satellite, is this correct? It allows for adjustment but not a
    change.
    > > My wiring should be ok as I had both receivers side by side and just
    made
    > > the transfer, three wires, 5v, pulse, grd.
    > > The Toshiba has 100 on all transponders, the 920 best is 90 on c band.I
    > > haven't even considered digital. My provider said to go to G1 3 for the
    > > hit.
    > > can't get odd transponders so I did not take the hit.
    > > Any comments /help would be appreciated as my wife feels I may have just
    > > bought a problem from someone else. I don't think so...the hardware
    is
    > > in excellent condition with all manuals, but I did notice all the
    > > favourites where only on G5. The manuals were never opened.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Don't give up So easy!Things like that happen.If the seller's post didn't
    mention that it was 'as is," or "faulty" you should complain to Ebay!It
    makes Ebay better for everybody by getting the shysters off!IF this was a
    recent buy,get your money back!

    What's your alternative?Cable TV?Pizza Dish?4DTV is still the best quality
    video and audio -are u ready to throw that away?

    Why don't you go the www.satforums.com and buy a used 922 from the sales
    forum.That's what I did a year ago(and before that I bought a sidecar on
    Ebay -my parents have it now!In fact,everything electronic that I have
    bought off of Ebay works -perefectly!You just dealt with a dishonest
    seller -which Ebay should be notified about!) and I'm STILL happy!

> [...]
    > on
    >> > the satellite, is this correct? It allows for adjustment but not a
    > change.
    >> > My wiring should be ok as I had both receivers side by side and just
    > made
    >> > the transfer, three wires, 5v, pulse, grd.
    >> > The Toshiba has 100 on all transponders, the 920 best is 90 on c band.I
    >> > haven't even considered digital. My provider said to go to G1 3 for the
    >> > hit.
    >> > can't get odd transponders so I did not take the hit.
    >> > Any comments /help would be appreciated as my wife feels I may have
    >> > just
    >> > bought a problem from someone else. I don't think so...the hardware
    > is
    >> > in excellent condition with all manuals, but I did notice all the
    >> > favourites where only on G5. The manuals were never opened.

4DTV Satellite