DSR922 Time

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

The time on my DRS922 is 4 minutes fast. I am in Central Time Zone. I
noticed it start to gain time about 4 days ago. Is there a way to force a
update to the internal time source?

Thanks
Dan
6 answers Last reply
More about dsr922 time
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Call your programmer!

    They control how the time is set.They may have you in the wrong zip code and
    will send you a hit to correct it.

    "Dan" <Dbambach@dlsdls.net> wrote in message
    > The time on my DRS922 is 4 minutes fast. I am in Central Time Zone. I
    > noticed it start to gain time about 4 days ago. Is there a way to force a
    > update to the internal time source?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dan

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Thanks, I will. I knew they controlled zip for timezone, but I was not aware
    they could adjust the clock for a 4 minute error. My time is +4 minutes.

    "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Call your programmer!
    >
    > They control how the time is set.They may have you in the wrong zip code
    > and will send you a hit to correct it.
    >
    > "Dan" <Dbambach@dlsdls.net> wrote in message
    >> The time on my DRS922 is 4 minutes fast. I am in Central Time Zone. I
    >> noticed it start to gain time about 4 days ago. Is there a way to force a
    >> update to the internal time source?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Dan

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:17:08 -0500, "Dan" <Dbambach@dlsdls.net> wrote:

    >Thanks, I will. I knew they controlled zip for timezone, but I was not aware
    >they could adjust the clock for a 4 minute error. My time is +4 minutes.

    Not saying what the providers do or snd, but the ACC, upon command
    from the providers, sets an offset (from UTC), whish could somehere
    have been corrupted.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Well, the stars (or satellites) must have realigned, because the time was
    correct this morning. Never called my service provider, so the corrupt idea
    may have been fact.

    Thanks all for the feedback.

    Dan

    "Gary J Tait" <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:17:08 -0500, "Dan" <Dbambach@dlsdls.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks, I will. I knew they controlled zip for timezone, but I was not
    >>aware
    >>they could adjust the clock for a 4 minute error. My time is +4 minutes.
    >>

    > Not saying what the providers do or snd, but the ACC, upon command
    > from the providers, sets an offset (from UTC), whish could somehere
    > have been corrupted.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:59:52 -0500, Dan wrote:

    > The time on my DRS922 is 4 minutes fast. I am in Central Time Zone. I
    > noticed it start to gain time about 4 days ago. Is there a way to force a
    > update to the internal time source?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dan

    Hmm, I thought that Motorola controlled the clock - not the providers.
    Anyway, I've been noticing that my clock is changing when I go to
    different satellites. Most noticably when looking at the Mexican sats
    (off by 1 hour). When I go to T7 from there, the time changes but is
    incorrect. Going to G0 gets the time correct again, though. I thought that
    this issue was resolved years ago when it was a common problem.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I agree, Motorola does control the time in the data stream. The service
    provider sets up the unit for the area which the unit is located, by
    ZipCode. This is for clock setting and program control for blackout,
    etc.Either my unit started could not pull off a time set from the data
    stream, or the stream was off. Anyway, it corrected its self.

    Dan

    "johnny" <johnny@n0sq.us> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:59:52 -0500, Dan wrote:
    >
    >> The time on my DRS922 is 4 minutes fast. I am in Central Time Zone. I
    >> noticed it start to gain time about 4 days ago. Is there a way to force a
    >> update to the internal time source?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Dan
    >
    > Hmm, I thought that Motorola controlled the clock - not the providers.
    > Anyway, I've been noticing that my clock is changing when I go to
    > different satellites. Most noticably when looking at the Mexican sats
    > (off by 1 hour). When I go to T7 from there, the time changes but is
    > incorrect. Going to G0 gets the time correct again, though. I thought that
    > this issue was resolved years ago when it was a common problem.

4DTV Satellite Video