NTI Backup EZ questions

rickluc

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Running Windows 7 on HP desktop.I bought a NTI Backup EZ external Disk version 3.0.2.55 . There was a very limited installation and help manual on software. I got it installed and have been backing up pictures and documents. The status details icon down in the lower left hand corner of the program window some times turns to green and says backup completed. This morning it stayed red and said backup did not run. I watched the status window go to 100% complete. I can go into show files and it seems to have backed up the folders just fine. I had this problem the first time I ran it but after a few times it corrected it self. Also it showed automatic back up as not completing on July 31. I would like to be able to turn this option off anyway and doing manual backups. Thanks for any help and advice.

I've never been a fan of backup software (except disk imaging software), and as for doing it manually that's precisely how I do it, without any software! Setting time aside for a copy/paste session never hurt anyone, and it costs nothing except the initial cost of the backup drives of course.

I see no point in spending money on software to do a task I can do myself, and I can see straight away if there are any problems instead of finding out a week later.

In common with most Windows software, NTI Backup EZ should have a built-in help menu if you need to learn about steps and features that aren't covered elsewhere. Just press F1 when the software is open.