how do you clear limits

setting up 920 I just received. This is used of course and I can get G5 but
nothing past. I can't clear the limits which were set-up by the precious
owner......is there an entry code for resetting the limits??
.. I can get to the menu but unable to reset the number counts. I can move
the dish east and west in Picture adjustment.. but the limits don't change.
help!! Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about clear limits
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    The only way I know to do something even close to that is to access a
    so-called "hidden screen" menu that resets ALL the parameters to factory
    defaults like it was when it was first taken out of the box.
    MAKE SURE THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO,BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE UNDONE ONCE
    IT IS USED.
    I myself have never used it personally,but if you hit OPTIONS 6,7,7,8
    and on line 7 you will see this "icon" for this feature to key it in by
    remote.I hope this helps,and good luck.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    The numbers in the limits menu will not change until the dish has reached the same
    position as the count for the limit.

    "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%0%8e.1066563$Xk.343744@pd7tw3no...
    | setting up 920 I just received. This is used of course and I can get G5 but
    | nothing past. I can't clear the limits which were set-up by the precious
    | owner......is there an entry code for resetting the limits??
    | . I can get to the menu but unable to reset the number counts. I can move
    | the dish east and west in Picture adjustment.. but the limits don't change.
    | help!! Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Thanks fellows for your immediate response! I found the problem after
    getting a few hours sleep.... being I connected the 5 volt wire to the
    actuary, I have a Reed switch so it's not required . SO SIMPLE.
    Now I'm having a problem with the V/H split One side is great excellent
    pic, just can't get the H to lock in. I'm checking connections now. Thanks
    again.
    "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote in message
    > The numbers in the limits menu will not change until the dish has reached
    the same
    > position as the count for the limit.
    >

    > "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | setting up 920 I just received. This is used of course and I can get G5
    but
    > | nothing past. I can't clear the limits which were set-up by the precious
    > | owner......is there an entry code for resetting the limits??
    > | . I can get to the menu but unable to reset the number counts. I can
    move
    > | the dish east and west in Picture adjustment.. but the limits don't
    change.
    > | help!! Thanks

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Check that you have the right feedhorn and servo set in the dish
    settings,too.

    > Thanks fellows for your immediate response! I found the problem after
    > getting a few hours sleep.... being I connected the 5 volt wire to the
    > actuary, I have a Reed switch so it's not required . SO SIMPLE.
    > Now I'm having a problem with the V/H split One side is great excellent
    > pic, just can't get the H to lock in. I'm checking connections now. Thanks
    > again.
    > "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote in message
    >> The numbers in the limits menu will not change until the dish has reached
    > the same
    >> position as the count for the limit.
    >>

    >> "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> | setting up 920 I just received. This is used of course and I can get G5
    > but
    >> | nothing past. I can't clear the limits which were set-up by the
    >> precious
    >> | owner......is there an entry code for resetting the limits??
    >> | . I can get to the menu but unable to reset the number counts. I can
    > move
    >> | the dish east and west in Picture adjustment.. but the limits don't
    > change.
    >> | help!! Thanks

4DTV Satellite Video