Might get a Geek Squad job

Sleepwalk

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
I was recently interviewed by the Geek Squad manager/supervisor for a local Best Buy and he liked me enough to pass me on to the store manger for a final interview. The position is advanced repair agent.

I have two questions.

At this point do I pretty much have the job in the bag?

Is the Geek Squad a good entry level IT position?

Thank you.

Solution

1. as ex_bubblehead said, Geek Squad will hire anyone with a pulse and a few people without. Having a functional brain may be considered an overqualification

2. Geek Squad is more along the lines of preschool level IT. From what I've heard (my brother works for Best Buy, but not in the Geek Squad and hence I still love him) they spend most of their time installing operating systems and...

1. as ex_bubblehead said, Geek Squad will hire anyone with a pulse and a few people without. Having a functional brain may be considered an overqualification

2. Geek Squad is more along the lines of preschool level IT. From what I've heard (my brother works for Best Buy, but not in the Geek Squad and hence I still love him) they spend most of their time installing operating systems and selling unnecessary crap.

Solution