SEGA CD HELP PLEASE

I found an original Sega CD add on ( the one that goes on the bottom of
the original genesis), and i can't get it to work. I have them both
plugged in, I have the genesis connected to the sega cd, shouldn't the
sega CD come on if there is no cartridge in the genesis?
4 answers Last reply
More about sega

    Well, thanks for everyone for your suggestions. Yes, I used the Genesis
    power supply on it.

    I cleaned the connectors with both a pencil eraser and alcohol, and
    indeed it was FILTHY.. real filthy.

    However, it still doesn't work. No lights, no nothing. Looks like I
    bought a lemon. Total damage (with the genesis): $25.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Yeah, the Sega CD works when there is no cartridge in the Genny. Do you have
    a power adapter for the Sega CD? It uses the same power adapter as the
    original genny (not the model 2). If you want to open the cd-tray, you have
    to press reset on the genny to get the Sega CD to open if you have it
    functioning properly. You can also make sure that the edge connector is
    clean. A pencil eraser does a good job at doing it.
    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I found an original Sega CD add on ( the one that goes on the bottom of
    > the original genesis), and i can't get it to work. I have them both
    > plugged in, I have the genesis connected to the sega cd, shouldn't the
    > sega CD come on if there is no cartridge in the genesis?

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    I forgot to sign my name :-(

    Mojo

    "Mojo JoJo" <jf2273nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Yeah, the Sega CD works when there is no cartridge in the Genny. Do you
    > have a power adapter for the Sega CD? It uses the same power adapter as
    > the original genny (not the model 2). If you want to open the cd-tray, you
    > have to press reset on the genny to get the Sega CD to open if you have it
    > functioning properly. You can also make sure that the edge connector is
    > clean. A pencil eraser does a good job at doing it.
    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>I found an original Sega CD add on ( the one that goes on the bottom of
    >> the original genesis), and i can't get it to work. I have them both
    >> plugged in, I have the genesis connected to the sega cd, shouldn't the
    >> sega CD come on if there is no cartridge in the genesis?

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    In article <1113362137.790476.212720@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote:

    > I found an original Sega CD add on ( the one that goes on the bottom of
    > the original genesis), and i can't get it to work. I have them both
    > plugged in, I have the genesis connected to the sega cd, shouldn't the
    > sega CD come on if there is no cartridge in the genesis?

    If the CD unit is good, yes. There is a high mortality rate on the
    front loader SCDs. I have one that does work, which is why I use the
    SCD2 exclusively. I want to keep my SCD1 working.

    Of course, I do have to ask that you have the proper p/s for the SCD.
    The SCD2 p/s is not cross compatible.

    jt

Sega CD-Rom Classic