UPDATE on my Playstation collection

I just went through my collection and did a count on my Playstation
(orig.) games, and the total as of today is 277. I actually thought for
some reason the number was over 300, but I'm almost at the milestone
anyway.

As you all know, I had trouble warming up to the Playstation for a long
time. But I'm happy to inform you all that I have made a major
BREAKTHROUGH in this area. I totally LOVE the playstation now, as I am
discovering many of the games for the first time (most of the games I
have I haven't even played..), and I am also reliving old favorites
like Battle Arena Toshinden and Philosoma.

Last night, I played Battle Arena Toshinden 1, 2, and 3 (using the
Tekken fighting stick). I even beat 3 using Sofia all the way through.

The playstation often gets criticized these days, mainly by people
citing that it's graphics haven't aged well. While in SOME cases (ie:
Twisted metal), I would agree, for the most part I think a lot of the
Playstation games are STILL impressive - but even more than that, the
Playstation's graphics have a real DISTINCTIVE look to them. Yeah they
come across as archaic at times - but for me, it only adds to it's
distinctive charm.

And even though I know some of you feel differently, I STILL somehow
see the playstation as an extention of the Super NES. It just has that
"old school" feel. I won't ask you to agree with me, sorry for that
earlier, but I DO ask that you respect my choice to belive this and not
to dispute it.
6 answers Last reply
More about update playstation collection

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > I just went through my collection and did a count on my
    > Playstation (orig.) games, and the total as of today is 277. I
    > actually thought for some reason the number was over 300, but
    > I'm almost at the milestone anyway.

    The Playstation's enormous library offers an abundance of obscure
    delights. I'll just post my entire PSX collection here to show
    all what I've deemed worthy of acquisition. Do note, many of the
    rarer ones are on CDR. Still looking for some of elusive Japanese
    titles, so if anyone cares to trade, send me a message.

    --crymad

    Ace Combat 2
    Ace Combat 3
    Activison Classics
    Akuji
    Alien Resurection
    Alien Trilogy
    Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare (2 disk)
    Ape Escape
    Assault Rigs
    Asteroids
    Atari's 25th Anniversary Edition Redux
    Ball Breakers
    Bishi Bashi Special
    Bishi Bashi Special 2 (JAP)
    Bishi Bashi Special 3 (JAP)
    Bomberman Party Edition
    Builder's Block
    Bushido Blade 2
    Bust-a-Move '99
    C-12: Final Resistance
    Capcom Generations 1 (jap)
    Capcom Generations 2 (jap)
    Capcom Generations 3 (jap)
    Capcom Generations 4 (jap)
    Castlevania Chronicles
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Centipede
    Clock Tower
    Colony Wars (2 disk)
    Cool Boarders 4
    Cotton Original (jap)
    Crash Bandicoot Warped
    Crash Team Racing
    Crazy Climber 2000 (jap)
    Critical Depth
    Croc 2
    Danger Girl
    Darius Gaiden (jap)
    Deception 3: Dark Delusion
    Delta Force: Urban Warfare
    Descent
    Devil Dice
    Devil Dice 2/Xi Jumbo (jap)
    Die Hard Trilogy 2
    Dodonpachi (J)
    Donpachi (jap)
    Doom
    Doom Final
    Driver
    Driver 2 (2 disc)
    Echo Night
    Einhander
    Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix (4 disc)
    Ford Racing
    Forsaken
    Galerians (3 disc)
    Game Paradise 2 (J)
    G-Darius (jap)
    Gekioh Shooting King (USA)
    GEX - Enter the Gecko
    G-Police
    Ghost in the Shell
    Gradius Deluxe Pack (J)
    Gradius Gaiden
    Grid Runner
    GTA 2
    Gunner's Heaven (jap)
    Harmful Park (J)
    Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy
    Herc's Adventure
    Hogs of War
    Hot Shots Golf
    Hot Shots Golf 2
    Image Fight/X Multiply (J)
    Incredible Crisis
    Intelligent Cube
    Intellivision Classics
    Internal Section (jap)
    In the Hunt
    Jumping Flash
    Jumping Flash 2
    King of Fighters '99
    Klonoa Beach Volleyball (jap)
    Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
    Kyuiin (Vacuum Cleaner Kids) (jap)
    Lode Runner
    Marble Master
    MDK
    Medal of Honor
    Medal of Honor: Underground
    Medievil
    Medievil 2
    Megaman 8
    Metal Gear Solid (2 disc)
    Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
    Micromachines V3
    Midway's Arcade's Greatest Hits: Midway Collection 2 (Blaster,
    Burgertime, Joust 2, Moon Patrol, Rootbeer Tapper, Splat, Spy Hunter)
    Midway's Arcade's Greatest Hits: Atari Collection 2 (Paperboy,
    Road Blasters, Marble Madness, Gauntlet, Crystal Castles, Millipede)
    Mr. Driller
    Mr. Driller G (jap)
    Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness
    N-Gen Racing
    N2O: Nitros Oxide
    Namco Museum Vol. 1
    Namco Museum Vol. 2
    Namco Museum Vol. 3
    Namco Museum Vol. 4
    Namco Museum Vol. 5
    Nanotek Warrior
    Nectaris: Military Madness
    NFL Blitz
    NFL Xtreme
    No One Can Stop Mr. Domino
    Oddworld: Abe's Exodus (2 disk)
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    Omega Boost
    ONE
    Pac-Man World
    Philosoma
    Pong
    Pop'n Tanks (jap)
    Pop'n Pop (jap)
    Poy Poy
    Poitters Point 2 (Poy Poy 2) (jap)
    Pro Pinball USA
    PSnesX Nintendo collection (2 disk)
    Quake 2
    R-Types (jap)
    R-Type Delta
    Raiden DX
    Rakugaki Showtime (JAP)
    Ray Crisis: Series Termination
    Rayman
    Rayman Rush
    RayStorm
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil: Director's Cut
    Ridge Racer Type 4 (2 disk)
    Robotron X
    Rock'em Sock'em Robots Arena
    Roll Away
    Rollcage
    Rollcage Stage 2
    Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus (jap)
    Sexy Parodius (jap)
    Sheep
    Silent Bomber
    Silent Hill
    Silohouette Mirage (USA)
    Sled Storm
    Sonic Wings Special (jap)
    Soukyu-Gurentai: Oubushutsugeki (JAP)
    Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain
    Space Invaders
    Speed Punks
    Spiderman
    Spyro
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
    Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
    Star Wars Phantom Menace
    Strider 1 (jap)
    Strikers 1945 (usa)
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    Syphon Filter
    Syphon Filter 2 (2 discs)
    Syphon Filter 3
    Tall Infinity
    Tenchu
    Tenchu 2
    Tetris Plus
    The Italian Job
    The Next Tetris
    Thunderforce V
    Tiny Tank
    Toaplan Shooting (J)
    Tomb Raider Chronicles
    Tomba
    Tomba! 2: Evil Swine Return (USA)
    Trap Gunner
    Um Jammer Lammy
    Vagrant Story
    Vib Ribbon (jap)
    Vigilante8
    War Games
    Warehouse Boy (jap)
    Wipeout 3
    Wipeout XL
    World's Scariest Police Chases
    Worms Armageddon
    Xi Jumbo/Devil Dice 2 (jap)
    Yakyuuken Special (X-Rated Rock, Paper, Scisors) (jap)
    Zanac X Zanac
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    crymad wrote:

> [...]
    > No One Can Stop Mr. Domino
    > Oddworld: Abe's Exodus (2 disk)
    > Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    > Omega Boost
    > ONE
    > Pac-Man World
    > Philosoma
    > Pong
    > Pop'n Tanks (jap)
    > Pop'n Pop (jap)
    > Poy Poy
    > Poitters Point 2 (Poy Poy 2) (jap)
    > Pro Pinball USA
    > PSnesX Nintendo collection (2 disk)
    > Quake 2
    > R-Types (jap)
    > R-Type Delta
    > Raiden DX
    > Rakugaki Showtime (JAP)
    > Ray Crisis: Series Termination
    > Rayman
    > Rayman Rush
    > RayStorm
    > Resident Evil 2
    > Resident Evil: Director's Cut
    > Ridge Racer Type 4 (2 disk)
    > Robotron X
    > Rock'em Sock'em Robots Arena
    > Roll Away
    > Rollcage
    > Rollcage Stage 2
    > Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus (jap)
    > Sexy Parodius (jap)
    > Sheep
    > Silent Bomber
    > Silent Hill
    > Silohouette Mirage (USA)
    > Sled Storm
    > Sonic Wings Special (jap)
    > Soukyu-Gurentai: Oubushutsugeki (JAP)
    > Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain
    > Space Invaders
    > Speed Punks
    > Spiderman
    > Spyro
    > Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
    > Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
    > Star Wars Phantom Menace
    > Strider 1 (jap)
    > Strikers 1945 (usa)
    > Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    > Syphon Filter
    > Syphon Filter 2 (2 discs)
    > Syphon Filter 3
    > Tall Infinity
    > Tenchu
    > Tenchu 2
    > Tetris Plus
    > The Italian Job
    > The Next Tetris
    > Thunderforce V
    > Tiny Tank
    > Toaplan Shooting (J)
    > Tomb Raider Chronicles
    > Tomba
    > Tomba! 2: Evil Swine Return (USA)
    > Trap Gunner
    > Um Jammer Lammy
    > Vagrant Story
    > Vib Ribbon (jap)
    > Vigilante8
    > War Games
    > Warehouse Boy (jap)
    > Wipeout 3
    > Wipeout XL
    > World's Scariest Police Chases
    > Worms Armageddon
    > Xi Jumbo/Devil Dice 2 (jap)
    > Yakyuuken Special (X-Rated Rock, Paper, Scisors) (jap)

    That's a very nice collection. Did you ever play Hermie Hopperhead? How
    about Hot Blooded family? Those are 2 Japanese titles I recommend, and
    I also recommend picking up the US game "Shooter: Space Shot". Very
    good old school side scrolling shooter, and I think it was a bargain
    title, but it may still be kinda rare.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:

    > That's a very nice collection. Did you ever play Hermie
    > Hopperhead?

    Don't know this one. Is it like Jumping Flash? Cause I loved that.

    > How
    > about Hot Blooded family?

    Heard about this, didn't pick it up though.

    > Those are 2 Japanese titles I recommend, and I also recommend
    > picking up the US game "Shooter: Space Shot". Very good old
    > school side scrolling shooter, and I think it was a bargain
    > title, but it may still be kinda rare.

    Wow, a PSX shooter I'm not familiar with. Thought I knew them
    all. I'll have to investigate. Though nothing with shots can
    touch Gradius Gaiden. Magnificent.

    --crymad
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > That's a very nice collection. Did you ever play Hermie
    > Hopperhead?

    I was just reading about this on gamefaqs. Platformer? 2D?
    Japanese only? I'm sold! If you can supply a copy and care to
    trade something, drop me a note. I can provide any software you
    might need for this endeavor.

    --crymad
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    crymad wrote:
    > The Space Boss wrote:
    > > That's a very nice collection. Did you ever play Hermie
    > > Hopperhead?
    >
    > I was just reading about this on gamefaqs. Platformer? 2D?
    > Japanese only? I'm sold! If you can supply a copy and care to
    > trade something, drop me a note. I can provide any software you
    > might need for this endeavor.
    >
    > --crymad

    It is a 2-D platformer similer to the super mario series, only the
    "hero" is some sort of hippie-skater dude, and he jumps into garbage
    cans instead of drainpipes. Actually a cool game, I remember reading
    about this game in 1995 and just waiting and waiting for it to come out
    in the US, but it never did.

    Sadly, I am unable to copy this disc. Hot Blooded family is a GREAT
    side scrolling beat-em-up, 2-D... you know a lot of great 2-D games
    came out in Japan. Sadly, they felt the US were only interested in
    flashy 3-D. It's a pity.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    crymad wrote:
    > The Space Boss wrote:
    > >
    > > That's a very nice collection. Did you ever play Hermie
    > > Hopperhead?
    >
    > Don't know this one. Is it like Jumping Flash? Cause I loved that.
    >
    > > How
    > > about Hot Blooded family?
    >
    > Heard about this, didn't pick it up though.
    >
    > > Those are 2 Japanese titles I recommend, and I also recommend
    > > picking up the US game "Shooter: Space Shot". Very good old
    > > school side scrolling shooter, and I think it was a bargain
    > > title, but it may still be kinda rare.
    >
    > Wow, a PSX shooter I'm not familiar with. Thought I knew them
    > all. I'll have to investigate. Though nothing with shots can
    > touch Gradius Gaiden. Magnificent.
    >
    > --crymad

    You know that company that put out the "generic" titles like "BOWLING",
    "TENNIS", and "BOXING" - A1 games / Agetec. "Shooter Space Shot" was
    made in 2000. But be careful!!! A1/Agetec also has another shooter
    game, that's not so good, I forget what it's called, but it's called
    "Shooter" something.

PlayStation Games