Replay 3020 Tango Uniform with "please wait a..."

Have an RTV 3020 unit which started 'blinking' (black screen flickering on
and off for a minute or so when program is first selected. Originally
thought it was the TV since it happened when TV was turned on and then
selected the recorded program , but only happens on Replay input to TV) and
unit froze on a TV scene it was paused on. Have hit reboot but "Please
Wait...." dialog has been on screen for over 3 hours, unplugged unit for 1
hour and then rebooted with no joy.
So, found this group but have seen no references to the 30xx series (too
old?). This sound like an HD failure? What are my options? Reliable repair
folks out there they group can recommend? Nothing found on Ebay re: the 30xx
series for HD replacement. Some one out there do programming of HDs for the
30xx series? How big an HD can be stuck in there? Is it worth repairing, or
do the newer units make this one a dinosaur?

Questions, questions......

TIA, Ron
3 answers Last reply
More about replay 3020 tango uniform wait

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:15:22 -0400, "Ron Johanson"
    <rojoha@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Have an RTV 3020 unit which started 'blinking' (black screen flickering on
    >and off for a minute or so when program is first selected. Originally
    >thought it was the TV since it happened when TV was turned on and then
    >selected the recorded program , but only happens on Replay input to TV) and
    >unit froze on a TV scene it was paused on. Have hit reboot but "Please
    >Wait...." dialog has been on screen for over 3 hours, unplugged unit for 1
    >hour and then rebooted with no joy.
    > So, found this group but have seen no references to the 30xx series (too
    >old?). This sound like an HD failure? What are my options? Reliable repair
    >folks out there they group can recommend? Nothing found on Ebay re: the 30xx
    >series for HD replacement. Some one out there do programming of HDs for the
    >30xx series? How big an HD can be stuck in there? Is it worth repairing, or
    >do the newer units make this one a dinosaur?
    >
    > Questions, questions......
    >
    >TIA, Ron

    I have seen the problem several times. It's usually caused by
    corrupted software (possibly caused by a failing hard drive). If you
    can connect the drive to a PC, it;s relatively easy to replace the
    software image (note you will have to re-do all your personal
    settings, including theme channels) and/or the drive itself.

    Look here, http://www.planetreplay.com/ for information, including
    about the RTVPatch program.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."

    Since the HD is the only MECHANICAL part in the video path.. IT is #1 on
    the list of things likely to fail

    The symptom you cite sounds like the Replay having a hard time getting
    the file to start streaming... Soon as it's internal buffers fill up it
    can argue with the HD but it does indeed sound like a HD failure

    However... That said.. There are other parts which could cause similar
    symptoms as well.

    --
    John F Davis, in Delightful Detroit. WA8YXM(at)arrl(dot)net
    "Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business"

    Probably is a defective drive. Parts and service are available. Here is a
    link to my Replaytv parts web site www.replaytvparts.com

Ptv Replaytv TV